Master cylinder to supply hose fitting?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I had my hood off this weekend and everything is nice and dry in there as well as down in the pedal box. New paint is sticking great and in my book it is mission accomplished!

If you have an SPF GT40 this seems like a must have mod. If you haven't addressed this and start poking around under the hood and in the pedal box, you will not like what you find. Do you agree Kirby?

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
I had my hood off this weekend and everything is nice and dry in there as well as down in the pedal box. New paint is sticking great and in my book it is mission accomplished!

If you have an SPF GT40 this seems like a must have mod. If you haven't addressed this and start poking around under the hood and in the pedal box, you will not like what you find. Do you agree Kirby?

I agree. I had seen some fluid in the past and put new seals on the caps, but that didn't seem to help... even made it worse?

I have cleaned up most and painted. Still have to get in on the floor in front of the pedals... paint peeling and rust there, too.

Sigh....

Thanks for all the help.

Kirby

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
The Tilton reservoir arrived and is installed. Braided lines installed through the firewall with bulkhead fittings.

I refer to this as a 'bolt on blues' saga... Bolt on item 'A' - No problem.
Bolt on item 'B' - No problem.
Try to bolt on item 'A' and item 'B' and.... uhoh....

I decided to do it this way since I already had an overflow coolant tank installed.
Yes, I fixed the crossed over lines after the pictures were taken.

FWIW,
Kirby

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 206