Mating a Ricardo transaxle

When mating a Ricardo transaxle to an LSx engine, do all engines in that family (Ls1,2,3,6,7, etc...) use the same bellhousing/clutch/adapter plates/etc... setup, or do you need a different setup for different LS series?

The reason I wonder is because I've been researching the lsx454, and that really seems to be the way to go, if it ever gets released at the proposed price point (10-12k), so I'm just curious at this point if I'd have ot get some stuff custom cut for it or not (I know you can't answer that question when it hasn't even been released yet, but I think if the whole LSx series use the same seutp, then it'd apply to this one as well)

When mating a Ricardo transaxle to an LSx engine, do all engines in that family (Ls1,2,3,6,7, etc...) use the same bellhousing/clutch/adapter plates/etc... setup, or do you need a different setup for different LS series?

The reason I wonder is because I've been researching the lsx454, and that really seems to be the way to go, if it ever gets released at the proposed price point (10-12k), so I'm just curious at this point if I'd have ot get some stuff custom cut for it or not (I know you can't answer that question when it hasn't even been released yet, but I think if the whole LSx series use the same seutp, then it'd apply to this one as well)

As far as I have read it is the same bolt up. I believe it will be more like $ 14 to 15k. GM's New LSX 454 Crate Motor @ SEMA 2008 - Car Videos on StreetFire

Just a note on that website Lynn posted: for what it's worth, McAfee PC security posted a security warning for that site. It may be ok, but thought you'd like to be aware of a potential risk.

Back