Mazzei Formula 5 Rotor Turbo SLC

I'm interested to see more pics of how you mounted the MFT in the chassis, and the oil filter mount for the MFT.

Great work, amazing engineering there.

David, can you explain this photo for me.

Is the top one a 6 rotor E shaft?
are they multiple piece E shafts that are splined together?
Is the bit that is grey/silver in color part of a factory Mazda E shaft?
Does that part still need to be ground and polished again?

Keep up the great work, Ryan.

Joel K

Supporter
Guys, David has posted a few updates on his instagram account. As recently as December 2022 the engine looks like it is getting close. Hopefully he will updated his GT40s build thread when that 6 Rotor goes in the SLC chassis.

Instagram account is Mazzie_formula

Still pushing guys!

Fabricator (forcedfedfab) is knocking down some sophisticated fab work at the moment. We've started a little on bodywork/re-gel coating to black. Also deep in coordination with CNC machinist in development of cog belt front drive system with jackshafts and bearing mounts. Just so much going on to make this work. Super thankful for the folks involved. Will be sure to get into all the details and speak about everyone and whats been done later on!

Engine almost ready for assembly Just waiting for some corrective machine work on the dowel/stud hole clearences

Attachments

David, can you explain this photo for me.

Is the top one a 6 rotor E shaft?
are they multiple piece E shafts that are splined together?
Is the bit that is grey/silver in color part of a factory Mazda E shaft?
Does that part still need to be ground and polished again?

Keep up the great work, Ryan.

They are custom shafts developed from scratch, no mazda stuff used. keyways and tapers to attach the lobes and the grey sections are solid pieces. The splines are only on the end for the counterweight. Yes top one is 6 rotor

Thank you!