Mid-engined ‘Vette

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
News sources are reporting that the new Chevrolet Corvette will be mid engined...
Zero to 60mph in under 3 seconds.
Pretty good looking, too.

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Chevy hit a home run in my opinion, especially with an under $60K base price.

Yeah, but one has to remember - that IS the 'base price'. Add a REAL engine...a hyd nose 'lift kit'...etc., etc., and the price will definitely exceed $100K real quick. Even if its price nears/goes over $200K after adding 'X, Y and Z', it'd STILL provide waaaaay more bang for the buck than so may other supercars/exotics/hypercars costing faaaaar more.

Joel K

Supporter
Yeah, but one has to remember - that IS the 'base price'. Add a REAL engine...a hyd nose 'lift kit'...etc., etc., and the price will definitely exceed $100K real quick. Even if its price nears/goes over $200K after adding 'X, Y and Z', it'd STILL provide waaaaay more bang for the buck than so may other supercars/exotics/hypercars costing faaaaar more.

Totally Agree, if I wind up getting one I’ll wait for the higher trim versions to appear, but many people buy the stingray version for a number of reasons like cost and less aggressive look. But at that price It simply puts a true supercar within reach to many more people.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’m holding out for the rumored 1000hp AWD version. Figuring 185-200 from what I hear so far. One of my buddies brothers has been testing the Z06 version at the Milford test track for GM. He says it’s really fast, and he loves driving it. That’s the job I want.

Regards Brian

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I am referring to the price. The BASE car starts at 60. The car they revealed last night was a Z51, and was probably around 80, plus dest. charges and gas guzzler taxes. I configured a WELL equipped 2019 ZR1 last night, and it came in at 148,830.00. This did include those previously mentioned charges. I'm hoping the 1000hp AWD version will come in at 185,000.00--200,000.00. Time will tell. The money is making me some good returns, just waiting for GM to release in year 2 or 3.

Regards
Brian

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I would want a manual trans...seems a shame to buy such a high priced car and have to settle for an automatic!
Cheers!
Doug

Neil

Supporter
I'm not a fan of the C8 Corvette's video game-like body design. No question that it will be popular but my preference is for body shapes such as a Ferrari SWB (short wheel base) Berlinetta. Doubtless that aerodynamic considerations are important for a car of this speed potential but....

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Howard, here is a picture on GM's website. About half way down the page.
There are some others out there, but I need to find them.

Regards Brian

So they finally came to their senses and only offer an automatic. Was a good idea 65 years ago.
20190720_095500.jpg

Back