Mid Ohio June 14/15th

No, it's not an SLC/LMP weekend unfortunately! But...

If you're in the area, come on out to the Grand-Am weekend at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. I will be out there racing with a new team (Team SkullCandy Nissan) and look forward to seeing some Superlite / Race Car Replicas customers! Feel free to stop by and check out the car and say hi! They're not as cool as the Superlite LMP/SLC but they do put on a good show!

Our race is at 10:30 AM on Saturday June 15th and the race airs one week later (June 23rd) around 4PM on SPEED.

Look forward to seeing you guys out there!

Ryan, best of luck and good fortunes at Mid-Ohio. I see that U R driving for a good team based in Salt Lake. Will you be doing track time at Miller Motorsport too?

Its been a while since we have seen the beautiful SL-C 01 race car mixing it up. I'm anxious for its return. I must admit that seeing big stock cars that look like the family sedans that pick up kids after school, race each other, just never has the same magic of purposely designed race cars. But your SkullCandy race car is definitely better than most. Again, best of good fortunes at Mid-Ohio.

This:
333547_285645668132390_995866304_o.jpg

or this:

Barber_main6.jpg

Great start with a strong team. Ryan qualified Q3, which is the best ever for the SkullCandy Team and finished a solid 5th place,(P5). I see a podium coming very very soon.

Ryan's complete race will be shown next weekend on SpeedChannel, Sun Jun 23 @ 4:00pm ET. This is the Grand Am Continental Tires Series, Street Tuner (ST) class.

I also greatly enjoyed watching the Grand Am Rolex DP (Daytona Prototype) class racing. These cars look so much like the Superlite SL-C and are similarly powered with 5.0L V8 500HP max, minimum weight 2325 lbs, with GM, Ford, & BMW built approved engines.

Starworks-Motorsport-2-Ford-Riley-DP-Alex-Popow-and-Ryan-Dalziel-Second-Place-Podium-COTAGA-Rolex-Series-March-3-2013-171107_630x210.jpg

No.10-Wayne-Taylor-Racing-Corvette-DP-720x340.jpg

Evolution of the Daytona Prototype Category

This week we got to see a continuation of a young driver's insanity in the form of Memo Rojas who took out completely his own car and another's in the Detroit race 2 weeks ago, and, tho found 100% at fault, penalized and put on probation, Rojas did exactly the same thing yesterday at Mid-Ohio, ending with his beautiful DP car going up in an inferno of flames. Very dramatic!

340485641_2481690363001_SPEED-RLX-No6Fire-MidOhio-130615-169-THUMB.jpg

I feel for the team, but not the driver. I didn't watch this race and if the driver is a testosterone driven a$$hole and reckless - personally fine the crap out him. Racing is dangerous to begin with let alone having to worry about other drivers taking you out.

Great start with a strong team. Ryan qualified Q3, which is the best ever for the SkullCandy Team and finished a solid 5th place,(P5). I see a podium coming very very soon.

Ryan's complete race will be shown next weekend on SpeedChannel, Sun Jun 23 @ 4:00pm ET. This is the Grand Am Continental Tires Series, Street Tuner (ST) class.

I also greatly enjoyed watching the Grand Am Rolex DP (Daytona Prototype) class racing. These cars look so much like the Superlite SL-C and are similarly powered with 5.0L V8 500HP max, minimum weight 2325 lbs, with GM, Ford, & BMW built approved engines.

Starworks-Motorsport-2-Ford-Riley-DP-Alex-Popow-and-Ryan-Dalziel-Second-Place-Podium-COTAGA-Rolex-Series-March-3-2013-171107_630x210.jpg

No.10-Wayne-Taylor-Racing-Corvette-DP-720x340.jpg

Evolution of the Daytona Prototype Category

This week we got to see a continuation of a young driver's insanity in the form of Memo Rojas who took out completely his own car and another's in the Detroit race 2 weeks ago, and, tho found 100% at fault, penalized and put on probation, Rojas did exactly the same thing yesterday at Mid-Ohio, ending with his beautiful DP car going up in an inferno of flames. Very dramatic!

340485641_2481690363001_SPEED-RLX-No6Fire-MidOhio-130615-169-THUMB.jpg

John, that was Gustavo Yacaman, not Memo Rojas that caused the accident at Detroit, was put on a 2-race probation, and then did the same thing (to Rojas) at Mid-O. It was Yacaman's car that burned to a crisp as well.

I wonder if he has been in his last drive with Mike Shank Racing? Unless he is bringing mega dollars to the team, I'm guessing he's gone for good, at least from MSR.

BTW, even though Ryan qualified the car in third, GrandAM made him start in last place for the race. He screamed through traffic at the start, and by lap 8 or 10 or so, was in 11th. He was moving up when a yellow came out, and the team called him in to change drivers. Eventually they got up to 5th place, but the car could have been a podium contender with the start that was actually earned.

A very impressive drive, and by far the highest finish ever for the team except for the first race at Daytona (which they won).

Ryan is quick, that's for sure.

Yikes! Thanks Will, & my HUGE apologies to Memo Rojas! That's what I get for listening to the Black Keys and not to the announcers.
You are 100% right in the fact that drivers often get on teams by the extra money and sponsors that they will bring to a team.

Next week is the 2013 24hr of Le Mans!!!

Again,.. my sincere apologies to Memo Rojas!!! Rojas is a four-time series champion in the Rolex Sports Car Series and a three-time winner of the 24 Hours of Daytona!! My BIG BIG error!

And I can't wait to see Ryan's race on SpeedChannel next weekend.

Rojas-and-Pruett-awarded-pole.jpg

Thanks guys! The car was great and the team was also very welcoming. Kind of sucked to start dead last but I knew it wouldn't affect our finish much. I was able to get the car into a decent position before turning it over!

And yes, I agree the DP's are really fun to watch! I just wish there were more of them out there. We have had many DP drivers behind the wheel of Superlite's...and all of them said our SLC is extremely impressive and has much more downforce than the DP's they have driven. Not too shabby huh?

Back