Mirage Automotive Monocoque Chassis

Rick, why would anyone rag him about the chassis ?

It looks superb to me. I would suspect if there are any differences between it and an original (asside from the roof) most of us would be hard pushed to notice them even if it was side by side with an original.
Besides, its a damn site closer than a space frame ;)

I say top marks for Ray at Mirage for turning out what looks to be a first class chassis.

Andy, is the roof spider attached, or is it removable to paint it ?

Its interesting to see the Vin plate as I often wondered what the requirements were for this, and whether a maker could for example call their chassis a 'GT40Pxxxx' as long as they put their name to it. I know my Caterham doesn't comply with the 17 character Vin standard...

Cheers,
John.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Rick / John.

The roof spyder is the same material as the tub,
namely zinc plated mild steel. Its welded in position.
Its just that its in primer as opposed to the
tub being powder coated.
There are some subtle differences between it and an original,
but as John says, you'd have to look hard.
Im at the NEC show this weekend, with Chris Melia, helping out.
So itll be next week before i get started on it.
First job is to install the alloy fuel tanks and fit the alloy sponson
plates.
Oh happy days !!

Last edited:
dear andy,
congratulations on getting your new chassis, i've been watching this one being built for 3 years,and my one is being built now, i have some pics of it if you haven't got them off ray.look forward to speaking to you.
ali nuttall

HI all,

Are there any updates on this car? Has it been finished? Does anyone have contacts for the company?

cheers
Muz

Dear Andy,
it's been 3 years since the last post ! how far have you got with your chassis, is it nearly complete. i would like to see some pictures if you can post them, so i can compare with my chassis, and see how much i have to do to mine. my good friend and great fabricator/engineer Scott Mantle has now spent 28 working days to move the chassis to a position where we can start assembling all the suspension,engine and body work.
it would be nice to see how far you have got, and how all those original parts look on the car.

best regards

al nuttall

Back