MK1 ROAD CAR IN CONCOURS ATM

That's stunning, thanks for posting Andrew. I saw Hans racing that car many times, especially at the Le Mans Classic. It had a minor fire one year.

I'm interested in the hand brake. It looks like a pistol grip type rather than the 'sideways Anglia' one. Is this feature unique to the Mk1 road cars?

Metalicrome Toledo Blue has a nice sound to it. looks great in the photos. I really like the look of it out in the light. pops more than under the studio lighting.

G-Original-color-research-on-1062-scaled.jpg
Toledo Blue.PNG

PS Voted, took 10 seconds.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Hello Stephen & Ryan,

Firstly, as far as i know, all the road cars were fitted with the 'umbrella' type hand brake, Zephyr MK4 if my recollection is correct, as opposed to the Anglia 105E horizontal lever.
I concur regards the colour. It is quite simply the most stunning blue i have seen on any car of that period. In the flesh it screams 1960's...
Mods, Lambretta's, the King's Road and Twiggy. There is something about the composition of the paint that i frankly can't put into words.
Even those photos don't do it justice in my opinion. I'm guessing it was a paint type that predates the metallic paints of the 1970's and is so much more sympathetic. To boot, that is one of the most enjoyable restorations i have every been involved with and the owner is a true blue 'petrol head first ' , car collector second and a stickler for accuracy. That car will be driven regularly and driven hard.

Lastly, thanks for the vote.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
That's stunning, thanks for posting Andrew. I saw Hans racing that car many times, especially at the Le Mans Classic. It had a minor fire one year.

I'm interested in the hand brake. It looks like a pistol grip type rather than the 'sideways Anglia' one. Is this feature unique to the Mk1 road cars?
Original road car stick handbrake.
fullsizeoutput_ea0.jpeg

Back