Monocoque Chassis

Who's manufacturing monocoque chassis in the UK...?

Just can't satify my needs, I had a KVA C type, then went onto a GTD now I feel the need for a monocoque....

Are Mirage Automotive still around....?

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
If you want a moncoque then CAV is the way to go. Particularly so if you're in an inclement place like the UK because the monocoque chassis is stainless steel. If you can find a CAV to look at that's local to you I think you will be highly impressed with the quality of the chassis construction. The monocoque chassis welds are absolutely beautiful - a work of art. I believe that the CAV mono chassis is considerably stronger than the tube/space frame chassis and, at the same time, quite a bit lighter. My CAV feels like a bank vault when going over bumps and this is in stark contrast to some other GT40s I have driven. Check out CAV!

Do you mean an original mono, or a modern take on it ?
Also, How deep are your pockets, and how long can you wait ??

You can obviously get the CAV and RCR cars in the uk. Both of these are great cars. You can also order an ERA if you can both afford it and prepared to wait.

Original monos are available, but they cost more than most of the turnkey minus cars. I was recently told one company now charges 50k GBP for their original bare chassis (nothing but the monocoque structure). Add around another 50k to finish it...
To this end, the Superformance is the best and most cost effective solution if you wanted a very close replica.

Hope trhat helps.

Cheers,
john.

mirage monocoques are being made, i am waiting for mine, they are coming soon.the first one has already gone to its new owner.
alistair

alistair, are they correct to the original monos, a close copy, or a totally new design.

Cheers,
John.
p.s. I'm not asking to put them down, just I don't know the answer as I've never seen one ;)
p.p.s. do the makers have contact details ? (pm them to me if you prefer)

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
John,

They are correct mono chassis made by Mirage.

rekab69,

Contact Chris Melia about the chassis.

My chassis is the next on off the production line hopefully ready late spring.

Andy

Back