Mounting RCR Adjustable Slider for Wilwood Pedal Assembly

Chet Zerlin

Supporter
Hi all,

Getting ready to install this assembly in my RCR40 and have some questions. Has anyone installed it on their build?

Thanks!
Chet
20160601_113758_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Set up seating position, mount pedals with master cylinders to adjuster assembly, position on floor for best fit. The adjuster bolts down pretty simply. I replaced the spring loaded pull knob with something that bolted in place.

Chet Zerlin

Supporter
Thanks for your reply Adam.

When my Wilwood pedal assembly is mounted on the slider it prevents the wing nuts from moving. So not exactly sure what function they would have after the install….which brings up the question of why they are there at all. I originally thought they were to “lock down” the position of the pedals after adjustment but obviously that can’t happen. Do you use them for anything?

Chet

Are the bolts that the wing nuts are attached to shoulder bolts or do they tighten the upper carriage down when torqued?

Chet Zerlin

Supporter
They tighten the top slider so it can't move. As you can see in this picture, the frame of the Wilwood pedal assembly prevents the wind nuts from turning. So basically no way to adjust them after installing the pedals...so no idea what purpose they serve.

Chet

IMG_3716.jpeg

Chuck

Supporter
Chet:

I did not use that particular style, so my comments may not be worth the keyboard they are being typed on, but consider:

1. Can the pedal assembly be rotated 180 degrees? Wonder if the spacing is different for the mounting bolts on one end compared to the other. If the same, this won't make a difference.

2. Substitute a plain nut rather than wing nut, and use a wrench to tighten. In reality you won't be changing the setting once it is in place and set to your physique, unless some lesser or larger person is permitted to drive it regularly (which I don't advise).

3. I can't tall what pedal support is being used from that picture, but if it is the usual RCR one, can the connection point to that bracket be moved slightly to provide clearance for the wing nuts? I the bracket has two sets of mounting holes; can it be moved to the other set to create clearance?

I have the stainless pedal setup (not wilwood) and replaced those wing nuts and bolts with standard next nuts and bolts. Maybe I used alternative t-bolts but I can’t remember.

Back