My new toy...warning gun related.

I picked up this little guy last week, it's a North American Arms mini .22 mag 5 shot revolver.. really fun to shoot and actually fairly accurate. I've been able to stay in a 9" plate @ 20-25 ft..most of the time:)
And as a bonus I can carry it around in my back pocket or snap it into it's little belt buckle..

Attachments

• gun6.JPG
    gun6.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 237
  • gun5.JPG
    gun5.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 231

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Carrying any firearm that has no trigger guard would make me n-n-n-nervous, but that's a very intriguing little piece regardless!

Danimal it really is a quality little piece and fun to shoot, although it does have a little kick.

I know what you mean Larry I was a little reluctant at first but it does have a nifty safety feature for carrying, the cylinder is notched so that the hammer rests between rounds so if the firearm is dropped onto its hammer it won't fire..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...it does have a nifty safety feature for carrying, the cylinder is notched so that the hammer rests between rounds so if the firearm is dropped onto its hammer it won't fire..

Yes, sir, I am aware of that (they're little square notches on the outer circumference of the cyl). But, still...!

I prefer the likes of my Spring. Arm. XD .45's duel safety system (grip & trigger) in a "carry" scenario. That system is completely automatic and totally idiot proof...and that's exactly what I need! On top of that, the piece easily accommodates a Crimson Trace grip mounted laser that's also 'automatic on, automatic off'. There's nothing one needs to remember to do. Just draw, put red dot where it needs to be, and fire. (And, no, I didn't forget "chamber a round"! The XD can be safely carried with a round already in the pipe.)

And then, of course, there's the difference in the rate of fire between the two. (Obviously, the prime purpose of the mini .22 is that of a backup weapon anyway.)

"If it ain't designed by John by Gawd Browning it ain't fit to own!"

On the other hand I have one and armadillos fear me.

It would be hard to get an AD while carrying, but I have faith that someone will figure out how. Nice score!

"If it ain't designed by John by Gawd Browning it ain't fit to own!"

That is awesome!!!!

Kick is relative.... People think I'm nuts for using 185 gr +p ammo in a 3" 1911.

They don't realize I have 30 years experience shooting 1911's. (And I'm only 41 :laugh:)

Dad had his ffl and was an NRA certified instructor. So from the age of about 3-4, firearm safety was taught and drilled into us.

And back to your new pistol, kick or not, I still want to try one. There's not much that if given the opportunity, I wouldn't pull the trigger on. Heck, I even told my brother that I'd pull the trigger all day long with a .458 Lott..... As long as he was the one holding it. ;-)

Pat

Supporter
The pistol from Mr. Browning to own is the M1911. It WILL stop whatever you want stopped. They are almost impossible to find these days. Tired of the 9mm silliness the military is beginning to reissue them to specialized units.

Pat, I personally like the 3.5" 1911. Best of both worlds.
The old (1940's) Navy long bbl version was really the best though!
Tough to beat a .45ACP. I say this and I'm a lefty too.

Sorry for quick hijack...

Two reasons I carry a .45 1911 (when I can carry)

1) they don't make a .46...

2) a cop is too heavy!

I'm just an old guy that has had 1911's for 48 years. Almost an average of bi-weekly
practice too. Getting expensive these days.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Revolver, I got one for my wife (has no wrist for 380 or above) and 22 mag is still deadly.
My choice of carry is S&W Body Guard with some mods (lighter trigger). Favorite is my Glock 17 but not an easy carry concealed.

Al, my brother owns and enjoys shooting his Bond Arms snake slayer.
Marc, has your wife fired her mini, and if so what does she think of it.
I'm personally impressed on how gun manufacturer's have responded in creating small yet fairly accurate firearms for conceal carry..
I think my next will be a Diamond back DB9.
Also thinking of a walter ppk-s.. I already have an old CZ.32 but I think a polished,wood grip ppk would fit nicely in my gt40s drivers door pocket.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Toy?

That explains the problem in one word!

These are not toys, these do not define your mascalinity!

When used as directed, "toys" do not kill or intimadate.

These are not toys to be carried around in your back pocket, these are tools, designed to intimidate and kill, they have no other use!

Last edited:
I guess I'm with Jack on carry firearms....I've got 13 1911's of varying type in my collection (from Colt ACE through US M1911 and 10mm). Carry a Springfield V10 in a Galco seat-belt holster in my PU, two 1911's ("His Wilson CQB and Hers") in the nightstands, etc....Have a Combat Elite with Crimson Trace for my on-body holster.

Jack, get a progressive loader!!

But, I do like the smaller calibers as well. The Walther is a slick little firearm...

Toy?

That explains the problem in one word!

These are not toys, these do not define your mascalinity!

These are not toys to be carried around in your back pocket, these are tools, designed to intimidate and kill, they have no other use!
Damn Jim I purposely put a warning sign on this thread hoping to keep it a non argumentative discussion..
In other words, this is a "Man's Club" and if'n you don't own a gun you probably ain't got nothing to say worth hearing..:laugh:

I haven't seen those before, so this is just my 2 cents for what its worth....

I personally do not like any pistol that has the mag catch at the butt. This takes two hands and sometimes your eyes as well to operate.

Just my opinion, though.

Back