My Shiny New Trailer

I ended up getting a custom built, enclosed, 18' aluminum trailer. I picked it up today and then loaded my GT40 to bring it in for its annual service tomorrow.

It's setup with a winch, e-track, and over the tire straps. The hatches make it easy to stand outside and attach the tie-downs. I can then go into the trailer and tighten the ratchets. Also got a pair of Race Ramps to protect the underside of the nose and a roller fairlead to put under the winch cable at the start of the ramp. It's loose, so I can remove it before the car drives over it.

Looking at the photo, I can't help thinking of the magic act of sawing a lady in half (which is not happening to my car!) Also, I need a lower hitch for the truck.

New Trailer.jpg

Malcolm

Supporter
Trailering in the USA is so different to here in the UK! Guess our roads cannot take trailers so big. I would also load engine first to reduce snaking!

Glenn M

Supporter
Trailering in the USA is so different to here in the UK! Guess our roads cannot take trailers so big. I would also load engine first to reduce snaking!
You say that Malc, I was stuck behind a tractor towing two silage trailers the other day, each of which was at least that size! Grrrr!

I ended up getting a custom built, enclosed, 18' aluminum trailer. I picked it up today and then loaded my GT40 to bring it in for its annual service tomorrow.

It's setup with a winch, e-track, and over the tire straps. The hatches make it easy to stand outside and attach the tie-downs. I can then go into the trailer and tighten the ratchets. Also got a pair of Race Ramps to protect the underside of the nose and a roller fairlead to put under the winch cable at the start of the ramp. It's loose, so I can remove it before the car drives over it.

Looking at the photo, I can't help thinking of the magic act of sawing a lady in half (which is not happening to my car!) Also, I need a lower hitch for the truck.

View attachment 139571
Well, we can see that in person at the GT Reunion!

Look at its overhang to the front. The wheels are not centre at the trailer like ours are in the EU.
So no need to load engine first as the US trailers characteristics are different to ours.

In the Netherlands we have a max tongue weight of 100kg (220lb) for this kind of trailer. Thought the US differs to that also.

Back