My SL-Razor has arrived...

Mesa: It's very similar to a motorcycle track day. Lots of wind through the helmet, and the legs. The track was the Las Vegas classic course (outside of the NASCAR track). Ive run that track many times on my bike. .

I know the track, raced there once. The event was called the "Great American Motorcycle Experience" AKA GAME. BIG money was spent putting it all together, every kind of motorcycle race discipline was represented at every track in the facility and then ........ no spectators showed up. Somebody really ''did the pooch'' not promoting that deal correctly! They lost huge money. :knife:

The classic course is so much fun. Great corners, high speed back straight, and easy to memorize (vs spring mountain).

Today was the first drive since the track day. In other words, it's been a few weeks.

I still get tge butterflies in my stomach just before I take it out. It's a great car. The thread about how cars nowadays have traction control, abs, lane change warnings, blind spot sensors, coffee cup heaters, seat massagers for your... Anyways. This isn't really a report about how fast I can drive (not very) or how it out handles nearly anything on the road. No. This is just a post about how I took a nice drive through Valley of Fire State Park and back through Las Vegas suburbia.

Overall, it was a great drive. It was about 97 degrees outside with just a hint of a breeze. Driving this car is similar in some ways to driving a motorcycle. Wind in the face, the legs, etc... Except that driving down the 215 is like a mobile car show. I was surrounded the same way hiway patrol cars are surrounded. I look left and right and kids in the back seats jumping out of their seatbelts to fetch a look. Cell phone cameras are going off like the fourth of July.

I'm just rambling at this point. But I thought I'd share my experience driving the SL-Razor with everyone. Ok then. Take care!

Some new pics...

P1010869.jpg

P1010866.jpg

P1010860.jpg

P1010858.jpg

P1010857.jpg

P1010849.jpg

P1010844.jpg

Hey Justin, I've been curious...
I know you say I would rather get rid of your SL-R and move on to a SL-C, but did you consider the Deronda Type F
164886d1234111779-deronda-type-f-v8-ls2-leno-deronda-logo-sm.jpg

I know you despise that pesky GM LNF motor and would rather run with a big boy LS2/LS7. Are you over owning an Exo-cars in general? Does the thrill of the experience wear off?

I wouldn't say it's worn away. The SLC fits the "dream car" persona more than the SLR. I'm not a fan of the Deronda either.

I think another part of it is the fact that driving in 110 degree heat sucks no matter what. There's about four weeks in the spring and another four in the fall that are worth driving in.

Ever since I first saw the SLC at SEMA 2010, I've lusted for one. That sums it up more than anything else.

Well. I'm at it again with the Nevada DMV. Those "people" just don't want to register my car. I had it registered in the Montana while I was still in the Air Force; but now that I'm out, I can't re-register it there. Nevada is WORSE than California. Yes, hard to believe, but it's true.

So I'm REALLY considering selling it due to registration issues (and the fussy LNF). Every single thing has been sorted but that. Anyone who is familiar with the LNF could get it online within an afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm semi retarded when it comes to working on stuff that has sooooooooo many codes.

Like before, serious offers considered. No trades.

Ps- I'm looking at the revised VW powered Nemesis or the LMP (a few years down the road). The next car will be a track only car.

It's a car that's incredibly enjoyable to drive, but nonstop registration issues (Nevada and Oregon) makes things very difficult. Also, I need a proper tune on my LNF, but I just don't want to spend 2k-3k in Los Angeles to get it done (correctly). That engine has been a pain in the @$$ since the beginning. (I don't even want to get into the way it was assembled from nirvana motorsport; pm me for details). The car handles phenomenally well. Its a blast to drive (even without any boost). It gets more looks than any F car, Lambo, or Porsche combined!!! (Proven at every cars and coffee I've ever been at).

So why am I selling it? Time to move on. Time to get the holy Grail of RCR products (well, there's a lot of those!!!). Just another example; I sold more 07 Vette after owning it for 10 months. I couldn't stand THAT car, though. Great engine.... And that's about it.

I'm not in any huge hurry to sell the SLR. But if I get a good offer, I'll take it.

SL Razor-2
Ferrari F355 Spyder-0

Chalk up another "win" for driving and one for drag racing (both on a closed circuit........). For whatever reason, the little LNF that powers my Razor was singing full song today. And what happens to a poor guy (with his trophy wife)??? He tries to race me in the SLR. Playing cat and mouse on a very curvy mountain road is the Razor's forte. When he led, I was constantly backing off because I was nearly tied to his bumper the entire time. When we switched, I left him behind after two of thirty or more corners. He was nowhere to be seen after 30 seconds.

Disgruntled and humiliated, he decides that be can gain his manhood back by drag racing me. Well, most days I wouldnt have much of a chance. But today wasn't one of those days. He got the early jump, but I started in second. At the top end of second gear, we were neck and neck. The turbo spooled up ferociously during that time and a quick flick to third put a nail in his coffin. Shifting from third to fourth, I was probably a few car lengths ahead of him. And by the top end of fourth, he had already given up.

Yet another regular day for this RCR owner...

Back