My SPF2202 against a 650 hp Ford GT

Hi

I won´t do 200 mph in my car because it is geared to 180 @7200 RPM ( which is peak power with my engine).
But a mate of mine is providing way measurement sensor to a lot of WRC cars.
Products
We will install a 4 corner system in my car, because i´m very interessted what the facts are behind all this areodynamic discussion of our GT40´s.
My opinion so far: The cw value of a gt40 ( around 0,32 - 0,34) is not bad compared to modern cars (talking about 60´s design), times the pretty small front surface area ( compared to big modern cars like the FordGT or POrsche 997´s) should give a pretty good drag coefficient. So powerwise going 200 mph shouldn´t be much of an issue.
Driving properties at highs speed still remain to be a lot of driving experience based comments.
My target is to realy measure how many lift the car develops front and rear and how changes are influencing it. I will test also areodynamic aids like a front splitter, different shroudings of the cooler inlet and outlet, side skirts, closed rear bottom, gurney flap and rear diffuser. Will do this always on the same autobahn track close by which on early sunday mornings allows me to do highspeedruns for app 3 Minutes @ 180 mph.

to be continued

TOM

Back