Need Help With Headlamps

I have a set of original style Cibie headlights. They carry a Valeo P/N 470078. I need the bulbs and the mounting bucket (nesting unit).

Thanks
Bill

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I posted an OOPs, I was thinking driving lights, not head lights...

Sandy

There must be someone on the other side of the pond that uses these original style lights. I guess I'll have to write the company in Belgium and ask them what to use.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bill

These lights are simiar but not identical ti those used in a Vauxhall Viva

The Vauxhall Viva club http://www.vauxhallviva.com/home.html
sells mounting brackets which are close and can be modified to work but are very very tight for space inside the front light housing and if you have already cut the aperture holes will probably snag! (Same units used on a Sanderson bus)

That said Geoff Gear took mine off me and had midified them to allow adjustment from the front of he car (as per originals)

The bulbs are available over here without need for adaptor rings - I believe about £5 each - neet to check as I need to by a pair for my car. They are the lower wattage units - something lihe 45 / 65 watts

I'll e mail Geoff and ask him to post pics of the adjusters after the mod.

Paul ended up bonding in some metal brackets into the rear on my car (DAX Build up) in builders section - the metal lug locates on a hole on 1, (Bottom left) The top right is bolt fitted wit a pressure spring to take up slack and do rough adjust and the others are for the alignment.
Good thing on these units is the (finally horizontal) bottom bit is metal and can be drilled to take a side light bulb!

Ian

Attachments

• 76163-RearofLightsnet.jpg
    76163-RearofLightsnet.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 328

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
are these the mounting brackets you are talking about?
Dave M

Attachments

• 76170-lamps.jpg
    76170-lamps.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 289

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bill
Geoff just advised it is all assembled and he would have to dis assemble to take pictures

He did say this is a picture from an original and I believe his looks very similar

Ian

Attachments

• 76171-origlightnet.jpg
    76171-origlightnet.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 319
Ian-
My headlamps are the ones shown in your first picture.

David-
Those look to be the corect mounting brackets. Where did you get them? And where can I get the bulbs?

Thanks
Bill

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
the bulbs are stock items in the shops here. If you cannot get them let me know and I'll sort some out for you and send them.
I will enquire if the brackets are still available.
I guess they will be and get back to you next week on that.
Dave M

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Did you find out the type of bulb after all that? Is it like the R2/410 bulbs from older european cars?

Sandy

Howard Jones

Supporter
Bill, Try www.bulbs.com you need a P45T base bulb and they have several (wattage). I have the same headlights as you and have replaced mine. Oh and they are cheep! 4 for about 20 bucks.

Product # W-6361 60W/55W $2.50 ea, W-6365 100W/80W $3.95 ea,
W-6255BAHP 100W/55W $5.25 ea

888-455-2800
eastern time

I use the 100W/55W, the 60/55 are way too dim on high beam and the 100/80s are a little bright on low beams.

I think their mim order is 20 dollars.

They are the H4 bulb but you must have tried the P43T base. It is smaller in diameter and you can get them everywhere. You need the larger diameter P45T base bulb.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Well at least you can drive it in the dark. Save this post for next time. These bulbs don,t last very long, at least in my car. I supose you could send them back. At $48 the pair you could buy years worth from bulbs.com.

Back