Never take your Bugatti swimming

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Only goes to show, turn your cell phone off when your driving your Bugatti and keep your eyes on the road. Insurance on this car was a mer $22,000 per year. Think his premium will go up?

Attachments

• bugatti-veyron-lands-in-salt-water-lagoon-video-13198_1.jpg
    bugatti-veyron-lands-in-salt-water-lagoon-video-13198_1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 363

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Wow, its amazing how these cell phones do everything. I don't have one but still its amazing.

The story in the paper was he dropped his cell phone bent over to pick it up and a low flying pelican appeared in his side vision and he went off the road. The tow truck driver said the motor was still running when he showed up. The car was purchased in Jonesboro AR. Seems Jonesboro has become a hub for exotics and the largest dealer in the USA for the Fort GT. I need to get over there someday and have a look, even if its 6 hours away. Maybe I can con Mike Trusty and Terry (blue oval) to go along.

While the Bugatti is an amazing car, I always thought the thing looks like a fishing lure. Guess I'm not the only one...

He must had have a hell of a cellular phone, I mean, to worry about it but don´t care about his car, gees. :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I think this seller is the owner/driver of the Bugatti (Andy in Lufkin, TX). Apparently his business is repairing salvaged exotics and selling them. There's been some suggestion that the Bugatti tragedy is associated with insurance fraud. Hhhmmmmmmm... Buyer beware: Ford : Ford GT:eBay Motors (item 270504419786 end time Dec-30-09 16:33:49 PST)
You know Cliff a lot of the GTs have been cracked up, seems more than all the rest of exotics on the road.

I really like to have one next to my 40. :) I love the motor.

Wow, its amazing how these cell phones do everything. I don't have one but still its amazing.

The story in the paper was he dropped his cell phone bent over to pick it up and a low flying pelican appeared in his side vision and he went off the road. The tow truck driver said the motor was still running when he showed up. The car was purchased in Jonesboro AR. Seems Jonesboro has become a hub for exotics and the largest dealer in the USA for the Fort GT. I need to get over there someday and have a look, even if its 6 hours away. Maybe I can con Mike Trusty and Terry (blue oval) to go along.

The fact that Jack doesn't have a cell phone is more amazing than the crash!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
The fact that Jack doesn't have a cell phone is more amazing than the crash!

Al, I did have one for years, there was very few calls that were pleasant so through it away. My wife insisted I needed one for travel, so I travel with friends who have them. :)

I like the computer, I don't have to ask "what did they say?"

You know Cliff a lot of the GTs have been cracked up, seems more than all the rest of exotics on the road.

I really like to have one next to my 40. :) I love the motor.

Jack, yeah, me too!

If you've ridden in a GT at speed then you know how smooth and stable they are at crazy speeds. Any porsche or f-car at those speeds is bouncing all over the place. There was a related discussion on another thread about getting to 200mph in a GT40 - the GT is the only car in the world I would ever realistically try it in (and have a good chance of making it alive). And, yup, that's a great engine - love it. Transaxle isn't bad either!

I've been watching prices on GTs - they seem to be holding steady in the $130-150K range. I'm wondering if they'll go sub-$100K with a couple more years of depreciation. Or, perhaps they'll stay in current range due to rarity. You're right - that would be a lovely car next to the GT40 in the garage....

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I think Ford GT prices will hold pretty steady over the next few years if the economy stabilizes or comes back. Forces holding the prices include a LARGE percentage of cars that have had an "oops"....(lotsa people with the cash to buy but maybe not the skill to drive, moreso than "F" cars as many who would never buy an "exotic" bought a GT).

A strong group of "GT collectors" who own two or more cars and a active search for low mile, untouched, unbent cars. There are still some "zero mile" cars out there as some of the dealers who kept asking stupid prices after the bloom was off the rose now have a desireable item at original MSRP or a little above (but what did they pay in floor plan costs????)

Bottom line, I don't see "no story" cars going for 100K unless the economy really tanks and people need to divest themselves of all uneeded toys.

Back