New 6 speed transaxles Getrag

I have been in touch with Graham at GTD Racing and he tells me that he still has contacts at Audi. In order to get them at a good price - remember this is a new box - he needs to order them in lots of ten or more. So if you are interested in a 6 speed with a bell housing for a 302 and the correct bits to hook up in your 40 contact me, GTDRacing or possibly Phil Thompson. If we have enough interest amongst us we might get something going.

Pricing, dimensions (especially weight) and torque capacity information would be helpful in my decision. I'll send you an email, but is there any reason the information can't be posted here?

Mark and all others interested- I don't have any detail info but I am trying to get Ray to round up what he can and pass it on to me. As far as I can tell This is the same unit that is being used by CAV. I believe that some dimension are as follows: Bell Housing Face to center of output flanges= 9.5": Overall length is 29". I will post any info that I can get.

Ron Earp

Admin
I think Robert at RF is trying to do the same. If we all work together for the mutual good of the community, I think we could pull something off. I'd be interested,

R

Sorry for no answers to the Getrag boxes. It seems that GTD Racing needs a supplier in the states to take on the problems of stocking and ordereing at least a half dozen boxes before they will get involved. It appears that the pricing would be around $6000 US. They were interested only in supplying complete packages. That is, bell housing,clutch, flywheel, linkage etc.. Seems there is some concern about selling piecemeal and ending up with units that don,t work well. In my resaerch it appeared to me that the Quaiffe mods were less expensive and would give you better ratios as well as LSD. If you really want the Getrag solution I would stay in contact with Roaring Forties and use what ever Roberts latest tranny solution is.

Ron Earp

Admin
Why does it have to be the states? I mean, if GTD wants to make the things available for GTDs couldn't we just order them from the UK? As for complete, heck, all the cars are different - even GTDs are all different. So there is no chance of a "complete solution" for all cars. We just need the box, the rest can be worked out for each make.

R

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Back