New Aussie Member

Hi All,

A new Aussie GT40 owner here. I recently picked up an old GT40 replica that is in need of restoration. The original kit was a KCC kit that was built in South Africa by the previous owner. He drove the car everyday to work and upgraded the engine to a 350 chev at some stage. So it has a 350 Chev, Audi 014 gearbox, Ford Cortina front suspension, Ford Grenada rear suspension, Alfa Romea rear brakes, Alfa Romeo steering. Not sure on what else at the moment. We'll see what is revealed over time..

The previous owner imported the car to Australia 10 years ago and it has followed him around the country as he gets regularly moved with work. When it arrived here he couldn't get it started. So it has been standing for 10 years and he has reluctantly let it go to me, my Brother and my Dad (we are all going thirds). My Brother is also on this forum (TTim). Luckily for me, the GT40's new home is my garage. Unfortunately my Nissan Stagea has lost its place in the garage and now lives on the driveway.

I've started a blog on this project. I'll post updates to the build section.

Blog: Ford GT40 Restoration Project

P1010617.JPG

Cheers,

Simon

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Simon!

Looks like you've gotten yourself quite a project there... I'm sure you'll find lots of help and answers to questions here on GT40s.com.

Simon, Love your spirit and passion to get this early car back out on the road. I'm sure most of us will look forward to your updates. Keep them coming and good luck.

Back