New build GT racing chassis

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Brett,
I just liked the look of them.
Clean lines, close enough to the originals to warrrant a comment.
Yes, John makes some nice kit also.

I'd be interested in original source of these then as someday I would like to do another [better] one (if I ever finish mine). I just personally wouldn't buy from the person who built the chassis.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Most of these pin drive alloy front and rear uprights are made by John Wisher. He also makes original style quad Weber IDA inlet manifolds, original style wheels, spinners, rear bottom arm pins etc.
Cheers
Mike

Keith

I'd be interested in original source of these then as someday I would like to do another [better] one (if I ever finish mine). I just personally wouldn't buy from the person who built the chassis.

Aforementioned person always supplied good uprights even on the oiginal kits. I must admit, I always thought they were JWE in origin...

Hi Colin, I have the same chassis I started in July 2014 but I am using a Coyote engine and an O1E trans. I am just down the road in Uxbridge. I might be able to help you avoid a couple of areas I got tripped up with.

Hi Colin, I have the same chassis I started in July 2014 but I am using a Coyote engine and an O1E trans. I am just down the road in Uxbridge. I might be able to help you avoid a couple of areas I got tripped up with.
Hi Martin, I am new on here and looking to build a GT40. I recently found out about the G T Racing kit and it does look good. I am at the stage of building my 302 engine. It is with the machine shop at the moment and I should have it back in two weekends time from now. I will fit a stroker kit (331) and hope it will develop about 400+hp at the flywheel. I am taking the time during my engine build to evaluate various GT40 kits. I would greatly appreciate your input regarding G T Racing kit especially with regards your comment to Colin offering to help avoid a couple of areas you got tripped up with.
BRgds.,
Takis

Back