New Build - William Stapleton

Awesome, from what I hear SLCs get quite the attention, not often people get to see more than one together!!! Hopefully Allan will get your car soon. What kind of time frame did Allan give you ?

Awesome, from what I hear SLCs get quite the attention, not often people get to see more than one together!!! Hopefully Allan will get your car soon. What kind of time frame did Allan give you ?
Exactly! Yeah I have heard the same. I have already been preparing myself for 30 minute gas station fill ups and the “what is it” question LOL.

I should have my car finished in September. When will yours be completed?

Good to hear, that is not far away!! your question is hard to answer, I am hoping to step it up a notch this summer, I work full time and then some and have two kids 16 and 17 , a home and lots of honey due projects, you know how that goes. Hopefully I get to go cart stage soon and then all the finishing details over the Summer and sometime in late fall early winter have the beast on the street, maybe a wrap or plasti-dip at that point. But I am constantly revising my expectations. I am hoping to use jaguar type F headlights (already have them ) and Lamborghini style corvette sequential tail lights which adds to the wiring complexity and fiberglass work. Challenges await at every corner. But the end product will be rewarding. Keep us posted on your car, sounds like you made some cool choices, hopefully all will work well as you expect it. Just keep and open mind and be flexible,

Hi All!

It has now been 10 months since I put my SLC order in (contract signed in January), but to date I have not heard from Fran or been given any clear update from Superlite Cars directly.

Does anyone in the community have information regarding their own builds? Is anyone else having the same issue?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Roger Reid

Supporter
Have patience. We live in a covid era where unemployment benefits are flowing. This is affecting the workforce shortages worldwide. Lead times for all materials are extended. It is what it is.

Hi All!

So I am running into a snag and looking for help.

Does anyone have any ideas (or know someone that has actually made work) a Maserati engine to PDK transaxle?

Seems like there is an issue ha being them communicate with one another and I am basically stuck.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Joel K

Supporter
William,

Maybe check these guys out. They claim to have a universal control system for the PDK trans.

Neil

Supporter
Hi All!

So I am running into a snag and looking for help.

Does anyone have any ideas (or know someone that has actually made work) a Maserati engine to PDK transaxle?

Seems like there is an issue ha being them communicate with one another and I am basically stuck.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

A Maserati engine would be a unique and interesting installation in a GT40or any homebuilt but it may not be the best choice based on practicality.
First, ancillary equipment is probably not going to be available so you will need to design and fabricate one-off pieces. Second, repair or service parts are likely to be difficult to find and very expensive.

There is much to recommend a Ford or Chevrolet engine. Either overcomes the two big disadvantages listed above. I am not too familiar with Ford products but I have built Chevrolets. A venerable Small-Block Chevy (SBC) 350 cubic inch is a popular powerplant with huge aftermarket support and the later LS series has also become popular in the last ten years due to its stock power output, light weight, and low cost.

It is your choice.....but think about it before you decide.

Questions like this caused a change of direction from a Ferrari 360 engine and gearbox to a boring, but tried and true LS based monster.
That and there were quite a lot of other unique mods going on all over the SLC.
"Too much to chew" was way back there in the rear view mirror.

Someone else out there is using a (twin turbo) Masser engine. Have not heard anything on that in quite some time.

Back