New Ford GT Article From Fri. 12/6 Detroit News

Thanks for the article. No offense to Ford, but I hope they have a hard time selling at $130K, because I really want one.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Jim,

It that you on the grid?

a08gtj.jpg

Is there any one else a little disapointed that they changed the looks of the front end of the new "GT"?

I'm not real crazy about the new headlight/turn signal arrangement. The most disapointing design aspect of the new car, over the original GT40 and the concept car, is that the foglamps that were on either side of the radiator opening are gone. The car looks a bit weird without them. Hopefully, they'll be making a return before the project is finished.

Doug

Neal
Yup. Thats my car J6 (#2) in the Ford pits before the race. It was on the pole at the start. In 1967 they lined the cars up and the drivers sprinted across the track,got in, and drove off.
McLaren set the fasest qualifing lap (223MPH) 3:22. to win the Pole.
I have a copy of this photo from Joe Farcas the original Photographer.
Those were the days.
Today my car is painted exactly as it was on that day in June 35 years ago. It also has the dent that Bruce McLaren made in the tub sill when he threw down his hulmet to retrieve the tail section which had blown off on the Mulsanne...

Hey J6,

Man you're one lucky dude... the "Cool Factor" on your car is completely off the scale.

One question.... the semi-knowlegeable car people really salivate over my measely old '69 GT350 Shelby... what the hell do they do when they see your car?

Color me IMPRESSED.

David Berry

Back