New from Seattle

Hello all, just joined the site and am overtakin by all of the info. I am doing some pre build prep research for building a GT40 or T70 kit car which my goal is to start in two years. I have crewed several times for Hudson Historics on various GTP cars (sadly no GT40's) so I have some hands on for the build. I have also been employed as a aircraft sheetmetal lead for the past 25 years and am confident I can build one of the tubs if I could get some plans, otherwise an RCR kit will be in order.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum here. I think you'll find it to be a super great group of smart old codgers and conjurers here.

No doubt you know what you're doing when it comes to press/brake/sheer/shape sheet metal. Do a search here for "Shand" and you'll see a fellow sheet metal artist's work....amazing work, building a faithful replica chassis with sheet metal and a spot welder (and some TIG too). A LOT of work.

There's more than one or two guys on the forum here from Seattle (including me) - I'm sure any/all would be happy to let you take a close inspection of their GT40 if you asked and brought a six pack!

Cheers and enjoy!

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Tom. Plenty of cars on the road in the area. More in work, a couple scratch builds. I'm not aware of any scratch monos. That would be a project for sure!

Thanks, Are there any special events in the Seattle area where exotic car owners tend to gather? I have a Saleen Parnelli mustang that I take to a few of the meets, but I never really see any hi performance kit cars except for the Cobras.

Back