NEW Martini RCR917 Toronto show this weekend

Despite many of the systems being absent from the car at the show it placed 1st runner up in the vintage race-car class and was only just edged out by a beautifully prepared vintage corvette that had years of prep.... The other bright note of the weekend was that my SL-C won its class so all in all it was a very productive weekend.
Congrats! That must feel great.
Don't forget to mention that a 20b three rotor won best engine at the show :)

Yea Dave, that was one sweet car that motor was in also. Would love to have it as I am sure I could find a home for it:devil:. I'm thinking SL-C for sure. Don't think I would be qualified to drive it though. LMAO

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Its a really cool little project....you should really check out the Slot mods website ...the tracks are awesome.

There will be a 917 track at many of the major vintage events this year....Monterey etc..

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I have to say that the workmanship and artistry that goes into a Slot Mods layout is beyond compare. They do amazing work and the 917 (RCR body) track will be a definite attention grabber. Oh, and the owner is a drummer so he must be a good guy ;-)

Fran - thanks again for giving me the "grand tour" during my visit.

Dave L

That's hot. Nicely done. I just wish that you could still find the original 12 cylinder Porsche air cooled engines somewhere. Even with the 911 engine, it still just doesn't seem quite right. Still pure awesomeness there. I want one quite bad.

Erik

That's hot. Nicely done. I just wish that you could still find the original 12 cylinder Porsche air cooled engines somewhere. Even with the 911 engine, it still just doesn't seem quite right. Still pure awesomeness there. I want one quite bad.

Erik

Just you wait buddy - the "end all be all" RCR917 will see the light of day early in 2013.

Haha, you'll have to wait and see - but lets just say that it will blow my old 935 K3 out of the water in every way. When we start the build, i'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Toby any more pics of the car being put together or at the show with the model? Need to balance out the 917 pics with the SLC/GT40 pics :)

I can't get enough of Fran's Creation.

Sorry Ben, they (pics) do exist but havent had time to sort through them. Stand by and I will post some. Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. It was quite frantic to make the show as I had 16 days to prepare the car. Many late nights needless to say but we have all been there. Despite many of the systems being absent from the car at the show it placed 1st runner up in the vintage race-car class and was only just edged out by a beautifully prepared vintage corvette that had years of prep. If I still have the car next year it will be back and take the top prize if it kills me. If not I will build another but leave myself a little more time. The other bright note of the weekend was that my SL-C won its class so all in all it was a very productive weekend. Makes all the hours spent in the shop worthwhile. I do love these cars. Summer is almost here Lads at least up north here and I can't wait. Hope everyone is well and having as much fun as I am.:thumbsup:

Not yet - still have to get up there to talk it over with Fran on a couple details. I'm between a few cars at the moment deciding what direction I want to go, the deciding factor for me will be to sit in something where I can see how I'll fit. The next project will be mind blowing - and equally expensive so I want to ensure my decision is correct :)

Not yet - still have to get up there to talk it over with Fran on a couple details. I'm between a few cars at the moment deciding what direction I want to go, the deciding factor for me will be to sit in something where I can see how I'll fit. The next project will be mind blowing - and equally expensive so I want to ensure my decision is correct :)

Just you wait buddy - the "end all be all" RCR917 will see the light of day early in 2013.

So basically like the 1600hp SLC and 2000hp 962 that were talked about by people last year .... seems like everybody's going to build the bestest car ever, but very few people poney up the $$$ :laugh:

Not exactly...i'm not going for stupid horsepower, i'm going for right at 1,000 hp in a quality chassis but deciding with the Mrs. what we want as it will be a street car. My last project was 4 years and over $470k...I don't want to hop into something without thinking it through completely.

Small world Reaper. I guess like minds end up in the same places whether its Pelican or here. Gabriel isn't a poser by any means. You have a very understanding Mrs. if you dropped $470 and plan to do it again LOL That certainly wasn't the 935 was it?

Back