I found this forum by accident,I have wanted a gt40 since I watched them run at Sebring in the 60's When ERA came out with their cars I went to their shop but decided they were beyond my budget ,so I scratch built one my self.Unfortunately it has been sitting in my garage for the last 15 years do to a move and having a house to build.I am planing to get it back in running order this summer

Gidday to all GT40 owners and admirers, my name is Phill and I live and work in the Pilbara region of the North West of Western Australia, the nearest city is Perth some 1550km south, the region is dry and very hot for 9 months of the year and hot for the other 3 months, this region is the biggest iron-ore producing area in the world, I have been driving trains for the past 38 years (I was 15yo when I joined the railways) and am currently supervising the Train Drivers. Our iron-ore trains consist of 236 wagons,are 2.4km long and weigh 30'000tonnes fully loaded. I have been a "car nut" for as long as I can remember, I bought my first car a month after I started working and 3 months before I could get a Drivers Licence at age 16, I have always loved V8's especially Fords, my current ownership consists of a genuine 1971 Ford XY GT 351C 4sp, a 1972 350 4sp Corvette Stingray(Milli-Miglia Red), all original Australian built 1977 Ford P6 LTD (Lincoln Type Design)351C Auto in factory Black and finally the pinacle of my desires is a circa 2000 Australian "Roaring Forties" factory built GT40 Mk1 replica in Vermillion Fire(Ford colour orange-red and same colour as my XY GT), I'm now happy to have joined the GT40 community. cheers Goges

Back