New TIG welder

I'm looking to upgrade my beginner's model Hobart EZ-TIG. It just doesn't have the stones for heavier Aluminum welding.

Outside of Miller and Lincoln, What are some good brands I should look into? Now days that almost all are inverter machines, there's a flood of no name cheap imitations.

I would like to have at least 200A AC with some features like pulse. My lil Hobart is only 160A, and NO adjustments other than ac/dc and current. So for pretty stainless, you have to double tag the pedal at the end for a little more post flow, and you can't adjust the AC balance for less cleaning and more heat on AC.

One that I am looking at is the Everlast 255EXT, but I would like to hear other suggestions.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
I have the Everlast 210 EXT and you are welcome to stop over for a test drive. Cannot say enough good things how we like the unit and they have great customer service. Purchase the cooler with it.
My son just ran it on stick the other day and it was super smooth.

Water cooled torch was one of the things I was wanting. I guess that goes without saying as you can't have any sort of duty cycle on an air cooled torch past 150 A or so.

Thanks. I'll take you up on that some time maybe between Christmas and New Years.

Back