Newb from Leigh, NZ

Hi, what a great site. I've always had a passion for the GT40, and have for years toyed with the idea of building one. I've owned and run a mechanical workshop for 30 years, built and raced dirt cars, and never quite found the time to start a build. Just recently I purchased a GT40 replica 90% finished. The lights in the workshop have had a good workout over the last couple of months. I've been like a kid with a new toy. Can't wait for summer so I can get it out of the shed on a more regular basis.

Steve and Felicity

Welcome Steve! Please tell us which replica and details. Photo's are always welcome. Lots of talent and expertise on this forum. Enjoy!

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Steve.

Jeez, I had to look up Google to see where Leigh was! Good luck with the car, how about posting some pics or starting a build thread.

Russ needs to get out & about more often Steve, dont panic too much though, you have a GT40 so the Noble nostrils will soon find that. Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard Steve and Felicity. Used to frequent the Leigh pub in days gone. Looking forward to seeing the finished product on our streets.

Regards

Cam
Auckland, NZ

Thanks for the welcome,
I'm not very computer savvy, but have managed to persuade my young fella to post a photo of our car, a Mk I 1969 Replica.

Steve and Felicity

P.S. Leigh Pub has closed down, so I have more free time to work on car.

Attachments

• GT40_leighboy1.jpg
    GT40_leighboy1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 237
  • GT40_leighboy2.jpg
    GT40_leighboy2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 219
Hello Steve Welcome to our world, would love to call round and have a nosey, we have a place at Algies Bay so quite handy. Are you a member of any local club, ie Sports Car Club of NZ as there is a lot of help available if needed.
Cheers and flick us a contact.
Russell

Back