Newby

Hank

Supporter
All,

First, I would like to begin by thanking the folks who took the time to create this forum and those who flood the site with information. The information shared has fully cautioned me as a beginner, but it's also given me courage to overcome whatever comes my way with the support of such a committed band of builders/creators.

I would like to thank Fran Hall of RCR/Superlite for creating the GT-R (I'm 6'2" 265 lbs.) for my intro into the component car world. I'd also like thank people like Joel K. (New Jersey) for allowing us access to his SL-C build via YouTube. Joel's approach to solving one problem at a time is how I have to approach this process. It's not too daunting if I look at it as just one problem at a time. I'm hoping this approach will allow me the right mental attitude to complete my life-long dream of building my own car.

The GT-R has finally made it to my garage. I have begun the process of organizing and storing parts. I will build a body buck as suggested by Joel K. to store the body during tear down and reassembly.

With gratitude,

Henry

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 1.52.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 1.52.12 PM.png
    727.5 KB · Views: 305

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum Henry. This site has a unbelievable amount of knowledge on here. There is almost zero negative posts and almost any problem or question can be solved.
Enjoy the journey !!!

Regards Brian

Hank

Supporter
Everyone,

Had my first conversation with H of H Craft Customs. What a nice guy. Ordered wheel wells, hinges for the rear clam and the console blank. Decided against the fog light buckets and door cards for now. May revisit the door cards at a later date once I build more confidence with my fit and finish skills.

Hank

Supporter
Oh. Nearly done reading the entire SL-C manual. I’ve been combing the builds on this site to mainly determine the engine bay configuration to and pieces and parts.

Hank

Supporter
Hi all. Finally finished my platform for body buck. It will be adjustable up another 20 inches. I’ll be able to put chassis on jack stands and work on car underneath body buck platform. Body comes off next week. Whew! It’s only begun... Thanks again for all the wonderful build threads. I hope to finish my build plan around modifications and engine choice by end of May ‘21. In meantime suspension work. I have to verify all the bolts, washers and nuts are proper. I have learned so much already.

Attachments

• 592BCD78-1FC1-4B0F-9D30-FC6BDC2900BE.jpeg
    592BCD78-1FC1-4B0F-9D30-FC6BDC2900BE.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 216
Hi Hank,

I am envious of your progress and your shop. I have just started my search for the GT40 I have been wanting for decades. Soon enough I suppose. Enjoy the build. Martin

Hank

Supporter
Hello All,

Looking at a 2005/06 original shifter/with bracket for my GT-R tobmate with the graziano 6 speed. Does anyone know of any problems I would face? Does the shifter require special cables or other assemblies?

Hank

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If memory serves me right (doubtful), isn’t reverse opposite in the two transaxles? You would have to make sure the GT shifter has the ability to do that. Again, I’m only going by memory so I could be wrong. Just something to check before you purchase one. I think Allen could give you the correct information.

Regards Brian

Ron McCall

Supporter
Ford GT Ricardo and Graziano L140 have similar shift patterns. Reverse is to the left on both. Ricardo is forward and Graziano is back.
As far as I know, H @ H-Craft is the only one who has installed a Ford GT shifter in a car with a Graziano trans. ( Jared's GT-R)

Ron

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Ron. I knew the pattern was different, but couldn’t remember the details. As always you are right in the ball.

Regards Brian

Hank

Supporter
Ron,

Thanks for the information regarding the shifter. Also, thanks for installing the HCF drop gears in my Graziano so quickly.

Henry

Back