NY member planning my build

Hello all! I finally got registered and into the forum! I am in the planning stages of my GT40 build and looking at an RCR kit. I would love if there was someone in the tri-state area with either a build or complete car so I can come take a look at it. Really just concerned about seating and door width open in the garage. Also hunting for a transaxle. I understand I can only really use a G50, G96 or ZF. Seems like G96 6 speed would be the most affordable unless I get lucky! If there’s anyone near me I would love to come take a look at your car.

Pat

Pat, I don't have an RCR, but J Burer sent out a thread regarding the availability of Graziano gearboxes at a discount. You might want to check that out for compatibility, transaxle availability is always one of the choke points in the build.

Pat, I don't have an RCR, but J Burer sent out a thread regarding the availability of Graziano gearboxes at a discount. You might want to check that out for compatibility, transaxle availability is always one of the choke points in the build.

Thanks! I’m trying to learn as much as I can about transaxles and their fitment in these cars. Muncies and toploaders I know, transaxles are a whole new world for me and trying to figure out which models will work with a Ford small block and fit into a gt40 is a lot. Can’t believe it’s so hard to find one for a 500hp engine that doesn’t cost more than my engine!

Pat,

Where in Westchester are you? You can pop over for a look if you like. Not an RCR build but you will get the idea.
Keith

Pat,

Where in Westchester are you? You can pop over for a look if you like. Not an RCR build but you will get the idea.
Keith

thanks! I’m in Cortlandt Manor (northern Westchester). I would love to have a look. What kit do you have?
Pat

I started with a GT Forte flat pack and have been making changes to suspension/bracing and front end to suit.
I have not made tremendous progress, but hoping to have a few more hours a week to start up again.
It is far enough along to get a good sense of the car.

I started with a GT Forte flat pack and have been making changes to suspension/bracing and front end to suit.
I have not made tremendous progress, but hoping to have a few more hours a week to start up again.
It is far enough along to get a good sense of the car.

thanks! I need to absorb as much information as I can about these cars.

I’m in eastern Long Island.just received my car today,not RCR but still can get an idea more than welcome to check out.
Joe

Back