Oil cooler or trans cooler?

Far from being a cooler expert....the cooler on the left side is oil? The right is trans cooler? And where is the trans cooler pump located? (If question two is yes). Thanks guys
Larry

Just follow where the pipes go to
if there's an external trans oil cooler pump, it will be fitted in the oil lines between the cooler and the transmission
Regards,
Andy

Just follow where the pipes go to
if there's an external trans oil cooler pump, it will be fitted in the oil lines between the cooler and the transmission
Regards,
Andy
Andy thanks.
I'm more in the build stage. Looking to discover what's period correct. ie where is the trans cooler pump.
Thanks

Hi
It's a new RBT ZF. Originals used a mechanical drive pump. But don't know if an aftermarket electric is only option. I'm assuming I'm going to have to drill/tap holes in transaxle. I just can't find info on available period correct pumps.
Thanks

Hi Larry,
My five cents worth is don’t worry about a trans cooler unless you’re going to be racing. Fit an engine cooler and oil temp gauge. Modern engine oils are safe to about 130degC so it’s sometimes questionable whether normal road use needs an oil cooler except when water cooling is a problem. If that’s unstable then you’ll find excess heat dumping in the oil!
Cheers Roger

Back