One more for the road

Vinny P

Supporter
Hi All, Vinny Papa here from Lake Ronkonkoma NY. I started working on cars when a neighbor had a local auto body shop and I began hanging around learning the trade. I was about 10 years old at the time, and painting cars by age 12/13.

I managed the auto body shop for Budget Rent a Car in Brooklyn NY when it was a start up company and several years later I opened up a Bodyshop of my own. I bought my first new Corvette at the age of 21 it was a 1978 Pacecar edition. Corvettes have always been my car of choice, I have owned many generations over the years. I guess you can say I waited all my life for the mid engine Corvette to come out (Chevrolet talked about it for years) and now that I have the opportunity to purchase a mid engine Corvette or a GT40, well here I am on the GT40.com website.

The GT40 was the car that peaked my interest (with cars) and I will never forget the day that Ford came in 1st, second, and 3rd at Lemans with the GT40. Since then I always dreamed of owning one (or al least driving one).

I finalized the deal with RCR a couple of weeks ago. I ordered my GT40 with 2" rear flares and 15" BRM wheels which I will have the centers powder coated in gold. I plan on painting the car black. The motor is being built by Prestige Motorsports, I opted for a 351/427 stroker with a Borla polished 8 stack EFI intake 575HP motor. I am pretty sure I locked in a deal for a ZF transaxle set up. The RCR build is 7 or 8 months out and I know it's going to be a long wait.

I have been following some of the threads on GT40's.com and you guys are the best, so many creative and innovative ideas (not to mention skills) I have already learned so much from you, the information is priceless. I would like you to know I sincerely appreciate your input, ( constructive criticism, etc.). Hopefully it will lessen my mistakes during the process. I know I will be reaching out going forward and would like to thank you all in advance.

Best Regards, Vinny

Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Vinny. I believe you are doing things right by reviewing all the build threads while waiting for your car. Don’t forget to check out all the builds including the SLC’s , GTR’s and home builds. There’s a ton of ideas in these threads also.
Enjoy the forum.

Regards Brian

Vinny P

Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Vinny. I believe you are doing things right by reviewing all the build threads while waiting for your car. Don’t forget to check out all the builds including the SLC’s , GTR’s and home builds. There’s a ton of ideas in these threads also.
Enjoy the forum.

Regards Brian
Enjoy the forum.

Regards Brian
Thank you for the welcome, I didn't think about checking on some of the other cars being built but that is a great idea, the more input the better. I wish I would have found GT40s before I ordered my car and motor. I originally ordered a Porche g96/01 gearbox and a 500hp motor. but after being on here and gathering information I changed everything up a notch.

Most of my cars have been nut and bolt restorations with brake and steering modifications but otherwise original. The GT40 will probably be somewhere in between driver and show.

Back