Original gt40 in Misano..

Hi Guys
After further investigation its a Safir with original peddle box fitted.

Regards
Chris.

Attachments

• safir 1.jpg
    safir 1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 434
  • interior saphire.JPG
    interior saphire.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 451
  • Safir gear leaver.jpg
    Safir gear leaver.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 431
  • safir sill.jpg
    safir sill.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 423

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Chris,

I dunno...Paolo said the roof was plastic and Safirs were steel. And the picture of the sill looks unlike any GT40; FAV, JW or Safir I have seen. There is no oval cover for the tanks.

However, the seats are pure Safir, the tub is the grey color they used and the shifter and lockout look just like P1116.

You got me......

Rick

Hello everyone.......and a question to you all.

The Blue GT40 in the opening thread......can anyone tell what width rim sizes for the front and back, and what the tire size might be on the rears?

It appears it has a flared rear section ala Gulf, but I understand that some have different sizes of flares for wider rear rim/tire sizes. For me, it is hard to tell, and I am just curious.

While I am at it........If a person bought a MkI that did not have flares in the rear (lets say an ERA unit), and that person had a desire to change over to a wider flare rear, besides having to go to a wider rim/tire to fill the hole, would you be looking at changing anything in the hub carriers and/or rear suspension components also? I tried to answer this by visiting the ERA web site, and kind of ended up with a question. Anyone out there been there, done that?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, as always,

Paolo
Is it possible,that it was the safir from Erich Rickenbacher?

Yes,Toni,this was Eric car.
U all wellknow HOW much I am nut for the gt40 and I love to see her everywhere(travelled to le mans last year as a pilgrim...cause I've never seen it for real in my life before...and since then,life devoted..u know)
Just I wonder this car was in an official GTC race..and according from what I know Safirs..are anyway replica cars.

If they race means....also other gt40 replicas can be allowed to do it (arent also new superformance "coninuation" of the gt40s serie?).
I knocked on the roof of the car and that seem to me as plastic (well guys..honeslty was a very very light knocking..if someone will ever knock on MY gt40 I can knock his face at once..u know..:mad: ).
Shame was that this safir wasnt driven as u want to see driven a gt (as our kiwi friends do;) ).
The sound of the car was too impressive and the attention taken by this unique gt40 was incredible (I followed the car also inside the paddock to make photos for my forum:eek: ..and found myself closed inside swiss team area).
Also was tempted to ask the guys about the car..but was scared to have bad reactions(is always not so nice arrive and say "hey, nice replica eh?":dead: )....so I just took my picture....and loved it!

Back