Paint help

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Friends,

After the recent thread about the search for and difficulty finding specific paint information about Gulf colors, it seems to me that the time is right to compile a one-stop location for colors and related information. With the goal of making it easier in the future for those anguishing over paint color data, I’d like to take a shot at creating this list. Would you help me? More participation will make for a really great collection of colors. :thumbsup:

If you would like to show off your 40 and pass along the details of your color(s), let me know. What I’d like is one or more photos of your 40, color name(s), paint manufacturer and color number(s), and any other comments you feel would be helpful. Please send them via email to my office ([email protected]) with the email subject reading “Paint Codes.”

We'll get it posted in the near future in GT40 Tech - Exterior, Interior, AC, & Trim and, of course, keep making additions as available.

Thanks in advance,

T.

Attachments

• Paint Colors_draft_Rev A.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 361

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Four months, several hundred PMs and way too many emails later, the first revision of the Color Registry is ready!

Many thanks to all those who’ve contributed photos and information about the paint on their 40 - this document wouldn’t exist without your help.

But it’s not complete —not anywhere near complete— if your 40 isn’t in there (heck, even mine isn’t in there yet!)… send me a PM and we’ll make it happen.

Best to all,

T.

Attachments

• Color Registry sample A1.pdf
    36.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Color Registry sample A2.pdf
    25.9 KB · Views: 371
  • Color Registry sample A3.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 576

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Of course JPG's might be a little faster to view...

Attachments

• Color Registry sample A1.jpg
    Color Registry sample A1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Color Registry sample A2.jpg
    Color Registry sample A2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Color Registry sample A3.jpg
    Color Registry sample A3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 311

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Excellent Tim.
Now maybe Ron can file it somewhere on the forum for easy access by all.
Great job.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Rob,

Thank you, but the big thanks goes to guys like you who provided great paint information and good shots of their 40s which I shamelessly helped myself to. :thumbsup:

As for making the file easy to find, GT40s forum administrator Lynn Miner (who also makes his home out in my general corner of the United States) posted the complete document in the 'How To' section (HERE) where it can be easily opened by anyone with a free copy of Adobe Reader (HERE). FYI, Lynn made a major contribution to the document as he not only carefully reviewed all information in the pre-release copy, but he added some real polish to the paint information as it relates to the SPF cars (I owe you another bottle of wine, Lynn!).

This collection is nowhere near complete though. We're way short of cars and colors... c'mon guys, who's next?

Remember, this isn't for us - it's for the next generation of 40 owners who are having a tough time choosing a color for their mistress...

T.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Greetings all,

For those whose 40 didn't make it into the first release of the Paint Registry, now is the time to act!

The plan is to update the existing document and release 'Rev B' in February 2009. It's easy to get your 40 included, all you need to do is send me a PM and I’ll shoot the details right back to you.

Special thanks to forum member Cliff Beer, and Ian Clark of CAV Canada for their help with paint detail. Both have provided outstanding information which will be included in the new Revision… anyone looking for specific paint data will find their contributions a real help.

By my count this morning, nine new GT40s are a part of the update – how about yours?

Best,

T.

Back