Part 2 of Don's Mk IV Build

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Last Saturday I won best of class in the race car division! What a rush to win something for showing the car. I have attached some pictures. The best part of the day was taking the car on track at speed. I got two good runs past the grandstands up the hill to turn 1 at over 100+ MPH. I never got to 5th gear. I need to find a track day!

Attachments

• Track Time.JPG
    Track Time.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 426
  • Award.jpg
    Award.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 456
  • Back to Car Show.jpg
    Back to Car Show.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 451
  • Pre-Track.jpg
    Pre-Track.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 451

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Last Saturday I won best of class in the race car division! What a rush to win something for showing the car. I have attached some pictures. The best part of the day was taking the car on track at speed. I got two good runs past the grandstands up the hill to turn 1 at over 100+ MPH. I never got to 5th gear. I need to find a track day!

Saw you there, Don!
Didn’t make it over to the show but saw you going out in the track. Good stuff!
Congratulations on the award!

Kirby

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Experiencing some major droolage here, too!

Is that a Mk IV??? Don’t think I’ve ever seen a completed Mk IV in person....it has a FANTASTIC shape, looks like it ought to slip through the air effortlessly!

Fantastic car!!!

Cheers from Doug

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Last weekend I installed a glass rear windshield and I'm very happy about the results. The old plexi glass just looked like a plexiglass window. Thought I would share a few quick photos I took in the garage.
Always nice to make improvements to the car.

Attachments

• IMG_6270.jpg
    IMG_6270.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_6271.jpg
    IMG_6271.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_6272.jpg
    IMG_6272.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 358
Back