PC rebuked

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
He and Sheriff David Clarke are two peas in a pod.

'Country could use about a bizillion more just like 'em...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
How refreshing. Our cops are so hamstrung by PC they have to call off a pursuit if the bad guys get about 20klm above the posted speed limit.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
...and now for a word from the "loyal opposition".

Does our Constitution not declare that I am guaranteed LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Here in the USA our police organizations seem to have determined that they are not only exempt from using common sense, they have single-handedly declared themselves judge and jury. My life is no less valuable than theirs, my career endeavors are no less honorable than theirs, yet they feel no reservations about brutalizing as well as murdering individuals of every race and age, just because they seem to feel justified in doing so by virtue of wearing a badge...and they do so with relative impunity as long as they exclaim that they were "...in fear for their life".

No...I am NO fan of the "POLICE STATE" that our law enforcement agencies have created. I have not had the situation arise, but if I were armed and a law enforcement officer were to point his weapon at me I believe that my constitutional right to LIFE gives me the right to defend myself with lethal force if necessary.

While I agree that if the perps in this situation were guilty of killing two women before they were assaulted by the police, then they were downright deserving of being arrested, tried and executed...however, the responsibility of law enforcement is to subdue and detain those individuals so that a jury of their peers can decide guilt and punishment, not decide those issues on the scene of the crime.

I own a home I'm the Houston, TX and just a few days ago a perp walked up to a deputy sheriff at a convenience store and shot him to death...no rap sheet, no criminal record, just an incredible level of hatred for law enforcement because of the excessive use of force that seems to not only be prevailing but is also escalating as law enforcement finds itself trying to balance their responsibilities with their authority...they seem to me to be more interested in their authority...as does that police chief.

Truly, gentlemen, I fear for the safety of our law enforcement officers, but more for the safety of our citizens...and as law enforcement seems to adopt even more aggressive tactics and equipment we get closer and closer to a police state here in the USA.

No cheers for those two perps...but jeers for that police chief who all but ensured that his officers will believe that their brutal tactics are endorsed...nay, encouraged...by their boss :thumbsdown:

Doug

Doug, I think what the reporter wanted from the Chief was an apology for what he had said the night before about getting the killers. The Chief was not going to retract for PC sake, he had said what he meant and was standing by it. While I don't agree with everything police do, I think they are walking on egg shells most of the time. They have a split second to think and react, and sometimes that reaction can ruin them for life. I wouldn't want their job.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for that, Al...I did not get the idea the comments were about the events of the night prior.

I also agree about the conundrum facing law enforcement...the issue I have is that they have responded by becoming more aggressive...rather than more compassionate.

What concerned me was his last statement "if you point a gun at us, we're going to shoot you". What ever happened to trying to defuse the situation so that lives are not taken?

Gotta love someone like Donald Trump or this police chief who is actually not afraid to say "Screw PC!" :thumbsup:

Doug

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Doug, the Chief was pretty darned clear. He basically said if someone chooses to resist arrest and creates a 'threat' situation by pointing a weapon at LEOs (not to mention actually SHOOTING at 'em) - he WILL get shot. OTOH, if a perp simply surrenders, LEOs will simply cuff 'em and haul 'em. 'Very simple...or at least it SHOULD be.

Here - a tutorial...from a member of the Black community no less :D (warning: language):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ

Last edited:
Chris Rock is really funny, but at the same time, all that is true. License and Reg, hands on the wheel, yes sir, no, sir, no problem. Applys to everyone.

(Quote Doug)I own a home I'm the Houston, TX and just a few days ago a perp walked up to a deputy sheriff at a convenience store and shot him to death...no rap sheet, no criminal record, just an incredible level of hatred for law enforcement because of the excessive use of force that seems to not only be prevailing but is also escalating as law enforcement finds itself trying to balance their responsibilities with their authority

Doug, I don't know if you intentionally or mistakenly gave this wacko an excuse for taking this cops life. That's like saying he had bad experiences with psychologists, and shot Doug in the head while he was pumping gas. I imagine as with all of the shootings by civilians, they will find he is mentally disturbed.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Perhaps, Al...but he may be just one of a growing part of our population that believes that the police have changed from protectors to predators.

I understand the futility of the mental process...just because one dog bites you does not mean that all dogs will...so no need to shoot just any dog who strolls by, but...if you are confronted by an angry pack of dogs with their teeth bared, can you understand the logic? Nope...you are just "...in fear for your life", so the smallest dog is as suspect as the largest.

I also understand there are admirable peace officers out there...but the old warning our parents gave us about hanging out with the wrong crowd applies here...ALL peace officers are suspect due to the actions of a minority...guilt by association.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Too bad parents didn't teach their children that drugs are bad for you and guns get you shot, especially if you aim at a cop.

Back