Pedal box suggestions for a driver with size 10 dabs

Shaun

Supporter
Evening all
Ok one to throw out to the team, any thoughts on pedal boxes for my Southern GT, floor mount or dangle down :) the sky's the limit.

Thing is I have feet that meant my career in the Royal Ballet was never going to take off, that coupled with the fact I'm 6ft 4" tall and have the grace and poise of a Rhino (and that may be being unduly unfair to Rhino's).

So space down there is a bit of a premium, open to all ideas and suggestions as always.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Not enough room for pendant pedals of decent ratio so floor mount. A Tilton bias pedal box set up will work well. A plate welded into the floor with two rows of holes to bolt the pedal frame to will allow the leg length to be set correctly as most GT40 seats don’t move.
Cheers
Mike

Ed McClements

Supporter
Hi Shaun
I'm building SGT #48 and have started building my own pedal box - there are a couple of pics in my thread in the "Build Logs" subforum. Although I'm GT40-sized, at 5'9" and size 9 feet, my 14-y-o son is already 6 foot and size 12s, and I'm building it to accommodate both of us, so the pedals and pedal box will be sized accordingly.
FWIW, I'm aiming at inch-and-a-half between pedal bottom pivot and the brake/clutch clevis location, with a 9-inch pedal length. Should be 6-to1 pedal ratio (no servos).

Shaun

Supporter
Mike thanks as always, I did think floor is the way having done some digging and boy they look right
Eddy will take a look, you are too good to your son, how many 14 year old's get to see the car they will drive whilst only 14!! Min you my 18 year old daughter has her eyes already on a drive, step up from a Fiat 500 but she is a petrol head for sure :)
Frank I am away next week but will be in touch and pop down when back for a brew and a pedal box test!!

Back