Phantom grip

I was wondering if someone here might be able to answer a couple questions about a Phantom grip.
Firstly what are they made from?
Do they make one for the 016-5N transaxel?

I cannot tell you what the Phantom grip is made of but I did have one installed in an 016-5N. I used the unit because the price was a lot less than what a torson unit ran and I felt it would meet my requirements for most conditions. It did what it was advertised to do and I was happy with that.

I realize that you can find better units at around $1,500 bucks but does it make sense to have a LSD that cost 5 times what you paid for the transmission? If i was running a Porsche or other expensive box I would have chosen a different unit.

Peter

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I also had one prior to switching over to a Quaife. I agree with Pete, you can't beat the price. I never tracked the car with that setup but found it to be a good improvement for street driving. You can specify the Porsche 944 version as they did not list a 016 version when I purchased the unit. You'll likely need to shave the spiders slightly as it's a tight fit. A mill file was sufficient in my case.

Oct13_0170.jpg

Back