Photos of Le Mans Classic 2012

Link to video clip 2 of 2 of 1016 after trans change
IMG 0554 - YouTube.
Sorry about naff quality (mobile phone clip!)

Hi Andrew - not sure about 1042 but I will try to check this out as best I can.
For 1085A I have loads of detailed photos if needed.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Quality is excellent Paul! Any video of the cars tearing around track or in and out of the pits?

Hi Michael

OK, I have a couple more so will upload them tomorrow & post the links as am fading rapidly tonight.

But here is the best classic car of them all - our new VW split screen camper van tent with my good pal Mr Phipps who must hold the record for the longest drive down to LM from Isle of Lewis in Scottish Hebrides!

Attachments

• VW tent.jpg
    VW tent.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 300
Paul,

Thank goodness somebody was taking photos at Le Mans. I had been beginning to wonder, and since I could not make it there myself I'm depending on you guys to let me see what I missed.

Sorry to hear about Claude's box in 1016 letting him down. Claude is one of the good guys for sure, and also owns the first GT40 I ever sat in while it was moving - and believe me it was moving! It was up in Glasgow in 1980, and I still remember it as if it were yesterday. Claude compiles books on his cars through his computer, and for 1078 regarding that day of mine back in 1980 had put that Campbell McLaren had given Ronnie Spain a run in the car to London. I had to point out to him that the run had just been around Glasgow, for which I was extremely grateful, as if it had been a run to London they would still be trying to straighten me out now!! I do not fit in these damn things. It's most annoying! Also on the subject of 1078, congratulations to Claude for putting it back to Strathaven green. I have so many good photos of it from back then. It was just one of those things, a car that for some reason photographed well.

Andrew: - The car which was crashed a while back in the USA was not 1042. That was a car which coincidentally was wearing the #18 that 1042 had frequently run with. Still do not know what crashed, but do know it wasn't 1042. When I last saw 1042 it was totally apart for restoration up Seattle way in June last year, but it was sold soon after, and I now know that it went to the guys at Burgol in Geneva, who have restored it for its new owner.

And also, Andrew, GT40 P/1085A is a Sbarro chassis originally owned by Rene Herzog, and is a car entirely apart from GT40 P/1085, which was only finally built up in 2009, having survived up 'till then - incredibly - as still the bare original chassis it had been purchased new as. It now has a famous UK owner.

Keep the photos coming Paul.

Ronnie Spain

2 more video clips, but very amateurish I'm afraid.
I had 2 more clips both both seemed to have failed :furious: including one of the GT40s returning to Paddock 4. Sorry

Plateau 4 cars rolling start on Saturday. Slight traffic jam at the Dunlop bridge!
IMG 0555 - YouTube

Plateau 5 cars leaving paddock to start their Saturday afternoon session
IMG 0558 - YouTube

Thank you Ronnie, I thought you would clarify matters. I am interested to learn that a none-original car can run at the Classic. Regards... Andrew

It was great meeting all of you.....Hey NO pictures of the 2005 SILVER FORD GT AROUND THE WORLD CAR?......We hit 146 on the straight with balding tires.....
Great time......Ronnie, my new book will be out soon...........about the adventure....
Tony thanks for signing me up on saturday....great time...............GTJOEY/NARDO CHRIS.....

Me and a few others have got in car footage of the track-time which we'll post on the enthusiasts website asap, also did both the Nurburgring tracks straight after LMC so I'll pop that up too - watch this space.

Nice photos, Paul. Here are some of mine (I restricted the posting to only those related to the Fords, but we took almost 2000 photos during our trip to the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the LeMans Classic event). It was great seeing the cars at speed instead of just static displays. And the guys weren't babying them either (as evidenced by the many cars with body damage after the races.)
Here are some shots of the club parking area and Ford GT #5.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1834.jpg
    IMG_1834.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2174.jpg
    IMG_2174.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 272
More photos of the Ford Paddock.

Attachments

• IMG_2196.jpg
    IMG_2196.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2197.jpg
    IMG_2197.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 249
Photos of the Daytona Coupe. We also had dinner with Brian Redman Friday night at a restaurant right next to the track just before the kink (Michelin Chicane) in the Mulsane Straight. I couldn't concentrate on the food and conversation as I kept turning toward the track every time I heard the cars go past at 180+ and braking for the kink. Talk about cool!

Attachments

• IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg