Photos of my ERA GT

Our setup:

room.gif

The violet line is the exhaust centerline above the transaxle.

[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: Bob Putnam -ERA- ]

Peter,

Actually, the G50 in your car sits as low as possible. Your engine is probably lower than the ERA. The problem is caused by the inverted position in which the gearbox sits. The rear cover which is low in the "normal" configuration, is now high,causing the tight fit on your exhaust through the rear panel. I have 3.25" of ground clearance to the bottom of my oilpan.
You wouldn't want to be a whole lot lower than that!
Any roadkill that you see should be strictly avoided, particularly kangaroos and wallabys! I made solid contact with a dead cat at about 100MPH! It wasn't a pretty picture! I now have a prominent dent in my oilpan! The remnants of the cat weren't too pretty either!

Bill
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Thanks guys, it seems that the secret is in the ZF box - the top is way lower than the G50.

Bill, thanks for the heads-up on roadkill - its the pre-killed ones that will hurt. If they are alive & jumping, I reckon the '40 will just zoom underneath - maybe a few scratches on the roof from their toenails !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Researching my receipts shows it was an ITG. Had the base modified to fit the Holley.
Thanks again for all of the positive comments.

Does anyone have a source for the ITG air filters in the USA? (or a similar product?)

I'm finishing up my engine for my car and am would like to use one of those large foam air filter assemblies.

are those header by the infamous geore at Kustom Metalwerks? Either way, I dig those puppies.

Back