Photos on Canvas

Ron,
I hope this ok to post here. It was a very cool gift from my wife.

A client at my wife's office notice pictures of my car on her desk and asked if I would be interested in framing them. His company site http://www.thephotoartpeople.com specializes in printing photo's on canvas. This makes it appear like a painting with really good detail. He mentioned he would be interested in doing more cars and trucks. My wife took one of the hi-res pictures I had taken of the car and sent it to them and had it done for me in a 16X20. The process it pretty straight forward on the site. You select the style and size you want and then upload the digital photo you want used. They will touch it up and crop appropriately to fit the size of canvas you want. He liked the way mine came out and offered to give any of the cobra guys a discount. If you are interested just go the site above and order your prints and use the promotion code "cobra" for a 15% discount. I get nothing out of this, I just thought it was pretty cool way to document your cars and wanted to pass it on.
I have attached a couple of pictures of the one my wife had done. The actual canvas looks better than the pictures of it here.

Scott

edited: make that a 15% discount.

Attachments

• canvas 002.jpg
    canvas 002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 728
  • canvas 005.jpg
    canvas 005.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
Has anyone here checked this out? My wife talked to the owner and he said he got a request in that was a racing photo of a GT40 and a Cobra on the track.

Scott,
When I finish mine in a month or two, I will definitely be getting one. My father -in-law was the chief cameraman for a local news station here in Atlanta. When he became medically disabled, I turned him on to digital photography and computers. He then went wild with the picture development processes of the printers of that time(8-10 or so years ago). He won a national photo contest with Marlboro with one of his shots that he took during a filming of a civil war battle at Kennesaw Mountain. 4 horsemen at full gallop comming around a bend with all four horses feet off the ground. He experimented with media for the printing process and learned how to develop the pics on canvas paper. Nothing as big as what you have, but I am here to tell you that it looked exactly as a painting. It gives the pic a different perspective and contrast from a glossy. Even those that are non reflective(usually pay extra for that)
If you have never seen one done it is hard to explain, but worh it none the less. I for one will be getting one.

Bill

Back