POLL: Sill stripes

Ron McCall

Supporter
I want everyone's opinion. My car will look very much like Chassis # 1002(FELIX).
Most of the pictures I have it has the FORD script in the rear.Most GT40s have it in the front.
I am leaning towards putting it in the rear.
What do you guys think??

Thanks,

Attachments

• 79231-felicarg.jpg
    79231-felicarg.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 318
Ron-
If your replicating a specific chassis, go with keeping it as close to the original. Do it just like the photos.

Bill D

Hi Ron

How close is the colour you have chosen to the colour of the above car? If you have matched this colour because you are trying to replicate the orginal then carry on, and I would suggest the dark wheels too, if not then either way will look good. This really is a awesome combination, one I probably would not have even concidered if I had not seen the pics.

Cheers, Neil

As you said, most have the "Ford" at the front. P1017 has it at the rear as well, see this web page and click on the "portfolio" then down to P1017. Another consideration is the font of the "Ford". I prefer the letters that are the same as or a little wider than they are tall like in your pics. I printed some on the computer then taped them on the car to see which ones I liked.

Did you check the other side of the car? If the owner had two identical stripes then the FORD lettering would be at the rear of the stripe on one side of the car and at the front on the other. Or he just put both of them on backwards! Anyway, it is a nice body color and the dark color rims always look good on a GT40.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

My vote is follow it through and replicate the unique aspects of your favorite chassis. If it's a bit unique, so much the better!

Are you getting ANY sleep? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keep up the great build and post more pics!

Regards,

Back