Poly mounts

...... The fact Fran spends all his time developing the cars and none auditioning talent to become RCR Girls (trademark pending) makes Alex very sad ... very very sad :sad:

Count me in :) Now. . . about that company discount. . . .

4154d1282223265-corbin-fury-fairing-thread-useless-without-pichers.jpg

These poly mounts. . . are they a factory installed option, or will builders need to buy them, grind off the RCR mounts, and weld these in?

Colin,
As I mentioned to you yesterday they are Pfadt mounts...you can buy them directly from Pfadt or source them through RCR....same price $250
The engine mounting brace comes with the mounting holes already installed....if you chose the standard option of solid mount , there is an aluminum spacer...if not then the poly mount bolts in place..

Fran,

Thanks for the clarification. I understood the fact that they were Pfadt mounts. What was unclear to me from RM and Wayne's posts, was what it takes to install them. There was talk of cutting, etc. Sounds like that's not the case.

Colin

Colin,
My car had the original aluminum cross member. I not only wanted to poly-mount my drive train but also move everything forward, so I chose to cut out the cross member and replace it with RCR's updated steel version. I also modified the adapter plate brackets and fabricated the rear mount. To some, it was a big undertaking, but it really was a rather straight forward and easy project.
I believe all new chassis' come with the steel cross member. If I can answer any questions or help in any way, let me know.

Ruth....as the saying goes..."this thread is useless without pics"....the gauntlet has been thrown...

I did that once on the "other" forum and started receiving a lot of unusual private messages. Maybe once we get to know each other a little better ;)

Fairly certain the pics are still out there on the other forum. . .

Back