Porsche transmission parts

The fellow who sold me the 930 that was supposed to be rebuilt, has agreed to ship the unit back to Ca., rebuild it and reship it back to me, and pay my escrow fee. Long/short story is that his shop had been taken over but was reposessed due to non payment several years ago and this transmission was supposed to have been rebuilt. He didn't check it as it was his last unit(930). So alls well that ends well(we will see).
In talking to him last night, he is a partialy retired Porsche mechanic with 30+years of accumulating parts. He has a few transmissions that he is liquidating on ebay. He also has many gear sets for the G50s etc. that he wants to dispose of. He and I haven't talked price yet, but he doesn't have any buddies left(alive) that he can give them to. So..... What ratios would any of you guys be interested in. Probably has a lot of rebuild stuff too. Most of the Porsche units need rebuilding in the 40-60K miles range depending on how they have been driven. At any rate, he and I are talking about his inventory. We will be finalizing those talks in the next week or two and for sure by the end of the year. If any of you are interested in parts or sets, let me know, either here or email. Just put porshe parts in the subject so I will recognize it, as anyone not on my mailing list will go to junk mail. I only read those that I recognize the sender or the title.
Bill

Bill,

I wouldn't mind having a couple of different gears lying around for the day that my gearbox finally takes a crap on me. Please let me know what ratios might be available, especially 4th and 5th. Are these parts new, new/used, well used, slightly abused? Thanks!

I hope that all DOES end well for your gearbox!

Bill

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, I'll need some parts and would be interested in seeing the list. Thanks. Gregg

He is out of Glendale. Comes across as kindof a redneck good ole boy. I am trying to get some kind of catalog of parts from him. He originally sold his shop, but had to take it back for non payment. Should have something soon.
Bill

Back