poster from LeMans museum

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Last year I was sent an email copy of a GT40 poster from the LeMans museum; I have tried to find a copy of the poster but no luck. The poster shows a GT40 'driving' or leaping out of a gold picture frame...has anyone seen this and do they know where if anyplace it can be bought?

Attachments

• 25359-GT40-1020-poster.jpg
    25359-GT40-1020-poster.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 787
Jim,
I have a copy of this poster on my garage wall. A friend brought it back from the Le Mans Classic a few years back. I believe he bought it from the museum, give them a try.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Paul, do you know how to reach them? I tried to email them a while back and had no luck. This may have something to do with the fact that I speak possibly the world's worst French. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you for your posting.

Hi Jim,
I thought I had the museums 'phone No, but I cannot ifnd it. Try this web site: web page
They have most Le Mans posters.
If not I will try & have the poster I have copied. Althought I'm not sure if this is legal?!!
Regards, Paul.

I have used this free translation software and French people have understodd my letters to them. Go to the website and type in what you want to say in English and then hit translate! Cut and paste the translation into your e-mail - Bob's your uncle

Kind regards
Simon

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Last year I was sent an email copy of a GT40 poster from the LeMans museum; I have tried to find a copy of the poster but no luck. The poster shows a GT40 'driving' or leaping out of a gold picture frame...has anyone seen this and do they know where if anyplace it can be bought?

Jimbo, I know this is a very old thread, but Veeks Sebring poster made me think of this one. I have one of these on my wall, they were giving them out at the Le Mans Museum, when we were there in June 1991.

Pat

Supporter
That poster is excellent! Jimbo maybe you could contact the artist if you can read his signature.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Down one side of the poster says: "FILMS ET FORMES/GRAFIBUS.CONCEPTION LLC MAILET. ILLUSTRATION REMI PELTZER I.M.I. LE MANS Phone# 43.43.7575

There is another phone number at the bottom of the poster, probably the museum: 43.72.72.24

I find it interesting, that the car appears to be a standard MKI, with the production nose, but with the very early prototype paint scheme.

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
That's the one, alright. I can't remember how this turned out. I think I did try to contact them and wasn't able to get one. You know, with modern translation software and the little French I do speak, I might have another go at it.

Hi Jimbo
Not sure if you had any luck yet in locating your poster but you can contact the Museum direct as they have english speaking people there.

There is also a shop within the museum building so if this poster is something that they sell then you might even be able to purchase a copy and have it sent direct to you

But if you dont have any luck then let me know and I will enquire for you to see what can be arranged.

Jim Craik has already correctly given you the museum's phone number but their full contact details are below:
Tel : +33 2 43 72 72 24
Fax : +33 2 43 85 38 96
Email : [email protected]
web: Le Muse des 24 Heures - Circuit de la Sarthe - Accueil

Good luck!

Hello mates
Discover recently this thread : if I can be for some help am living not far from Lemans ;retired now ( have worked there on a race team for so many years and living right on The Tecnoparc inside the circuit !!)
I can translate for you or even phone to the shop to order for you any poster or stuff they have and asking to ship it to you !
Museum people ... some are friends
Hope this helps

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Michel,
I would LOVE to have this poster if you can get it for me. I think I did email them and got no reply. My French is not good enough to call them up and try to order it directly; although I speak a few words it isn't adequate for that. Let me know either here or PM if you think you can get the poster for me from La Musee de la Sarthe...

Jim Rosenthal

Hello Jim
I will phone them today and check ffor you if the poster is still avaible and how to order it directly and easy way to ship it to you if still in sale
Come back to you asap !

Back