Power brake bleeder pressure

I bought a Motive Products power brake bleeder. My plan is to flush the brakes and clutch fluid given it's 3 years old. Documentation talks about pressuring the system to the manual specifications. 10 lbs seems to low, 20 seems to high. Does anybody have any experience using this product with the riccardo transaxle and/or brakes.

Thanks in advance

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Ten pounds seems to work fine for me. As long as air (bubbles) are evacuating I don't see an advantage to going higher. I much prefer using a pressure bleeder, especially handy if you're alone, but early on when I first got mine I made a mess of things by applying more pressure than was necessary. The result for me has been the same whether I use 10 lbs vs 15 lbs.

Tim

I have a motive power bleeder and use it to flush the systems....till the fluid runs clear - you'll see it, although I've never had much luck with it getting a good firm pedal. I still believe using the two person bleed system works best. On my porsche slave it was necessary to remove it from the gearbox and hold it high and above the box with the bleeder straight up to get all the air out and the clutch to work. Caution: you must keep the clutch slave push rod contained and compressed or you chance blowing out the cylinder seals.

Back