Price increase for Superformance GT's

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Hi-Tech Auto said:
Lola have recently built 6 approved T70 that conform to these rules and sell for about 260000 pounds each.

We ended the week with the exchange rate at 1.9757 (ouch!) dollars to pounds. So, if we bought a Lola T70 in pounds this evening, that would set us back a mere $513,682 US. That adds an interesting perspective to the SPF price increase.

Gregg,

All SPF GTs come with a continuation number. They are all built under license of Safir. I think youcan request a specific number, first come first get, of a special series of numbers that will be one digit off of the originals. For example, if it is still available, you might specifcally request serial number P2075 for an upcharge. If you don't want the specific serial number, you will have one assigned and it will be P22XX and up.

That is how I understand it.

Mike

60-61 said:
We ended the week with the exchange rate at 1.9757 (ouch!) dollars to pounds. So, if we bought a Lola T70 in pounds this evening, that would set us back a mere $513,682 US. That adds an interesting perspective to the SPF price increase.
Clearly, Lola is aiming for a different market than is Hi-Tech Auto/SPF and Jim Hall. Lola is probably being influenced by the very high-end vintage/historic race car market for their original Lola T70 coupes. I don't know what the original Lola T70 Mark 3B coupes are going for but, in fully-restored condition, it's probably many times what Lola is asking for a "continuation" model. (As an example, the market price of a nicely restored Ferrari 250 GTO --- probably Ferrari's most famous race car --- is in the 15-20 million $ range. (Only around 30 were ever made, I think. Although all or almost all still exist))

Last edited:
Back