PW Tornado Build pics

Another......

Attachments

• 78647-PWGT2.jpg
    78647-PWGT2.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 1,916
Cheers Bill, nice sunny day today in the UK so took a spin round to Brian's to get some cill stripes made/fitted. Thanks Brian top job, I can't believe how much they change the look of the car. Hopefully get some photo's tomorrow as I've spent most of the day cleaning the car outside and in.

Attachments

• 79113-PWStripes.jpg
    79113-PWStripes.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 1,907
Hi Paul

I noticed that in both your recent photo's the number plate is obscured from what looks like the flah of the camera. Do you have some of that magic spray on stuff I have heard about that makes it difficult to be caught by a speed cameras? I am not a cop by the way, I am just more interested in where i can get some. I live in Australia where we love a good speed camera - like a hole in the head.

Cheers

Jack

My plates are just normal - I was under the impression that from a registration number you can find the registered keepers address on the tinterweb if you know how. I'd rather just blank off my plates for internet pictures.

Done 1000 miles in it (Her ???? need to think of a name - The batmobile ????)
Anyway had a great drive yesterday going up to Brians - about an hour half motorway and half A roads.I find that the car seems happiest when you are cruising over at least 50 mph and can throw it into bends that normally you would slow down for. I have the shocks set fairly soft so it doeesn't rattle your fillings out but also corners pretty well - given the low centre of gravity this isn't hard to achieve and I seem to have the best of both worlds. I'd imagine on the track a much stiffer setting is preferable - we'll see.

I have never been that happy with the brakes and just put it down to them being off a granada and not really upto the job, untill an anoying squeek made me investigate things a bit. When I first assembled the brakes I hadn't got the correct size pins for the calipers so just got some that fitted and also didn't have and anti-squeel plates behind the pads. Having got a new set of pads given to me I checked the pins and the standard ones are a little thinner in diameter than what I had fitted. Needless to say the pads haven't been sliding along them very well and made braking effort quite hard. Having swapped out the old and fitted the proper ones my brakes are now great - I'll probably upgrade anyway in a few months time (as I'm sure repeated track use will cook them) but having wound the bias completely to the rear calipers it stops really well and I now have a bit of confidence in them.
I've re-alligned the wheels as I had a little bump steer on the front which is mostly gone now, having lowered the rack slightly. Cleaned the car last night for photo's today - here's one taken in Desmonds paddock (Thanks Desmond)........

Attachments

• 79162-PWDone.jpg
    79162-PWDone.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,779
That is one sweet ride - dodgy plates and all! Ha ha. I hope to see a full compliment of pictures in the Gallery soon.

Thanks fellas, I'm still borrowing Ians wheels till I get mine - He'll need a set of slicks at some point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I prefer the BRM's and probably silver spokes. My Trigo adaptors arrived a week or so ago from Vintage - very nice pieces too, now to get some wheels made up.

Sad news, my dog Arthur who appears in some of the build pics died by my side, peacfully in his sleep early on Thursday morning. He was 9 years old and had a happy life, I got him as a 6 week old pup and had many ups and downs as he wasn't the easiest of charactors to get along with, a big softy but very nevous meeting people. A week or so ago his spleen started swelling and it turned out after it was removed he had cancer and it had spread. I miss him loads, this is the last pic I took of him a few weeks back - his nose covered in soil from burying a bone in the garden ! Rest in peace mate.

Attachments

• ArthurPW.jpg
    ArthurPW.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,159
Last edited:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Paul -
We have three dogs in our family and they are a big part of our lives. Dogs can indeed be a best friend and a true member of the family - almost like having a child. Even though he was ill it looks like Arthur didn't let it slow him down. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Sincerely,
Dave Lindemann

my heart goes out to you

paul and family so sorry for your loss its never easy yo lose a good friend
keep hold of the memories and all the good times

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Paul,

After gaining my composer my response here is to thank you for sharing with us.

You have truly touched me and others here. I’m sure your mate Arthur was a big part of your family and will be dearly missed. Thank god for memories, as candc says. They are sure to bring many more smiles when thinking and talking of Arthur.

You have illustrated another facet of this wonderful forum, a connection amongst members oceans apart that can share life experiences like no other.

Sincerely,
Tim

Back