PW Tornado Build pics

So I collected my number plates today, fitted them on the car and got about 2 hours of driving in it locally - god I love this car ! The way it goes around corners, the noise in second gear WAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH ! Or any gear for that matter.
I got pulled over by the police after a quick couple of bends down my road - they liked the car and did mention that they struggled to catch up but pulled me over as the plates are still registered to my Volvo - not a model they had seen !
After explaining that I got it transfered today (The system they access takes a few days to swap over) they apologised and agreed if they had a 5 litre they would have some fun in it, "Sorry to have bothered you sir" ! makes a bloody change ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Paul

Congratulations - I guess my tyres are getting a workout!

I can only wait for the same day when I get to drive mine
!

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
So exhausted by body prep he was on his knees yesterday.

Attachments

• 73422-PAULREARBODYWORKNET.jpg
    73422-PAULREARBODYWORKNET.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,082

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]

After explaining that I got it transfered today (The system they access takes a few days to swap over) they apologised and agreed if they had a 5 litre they would have some fun in it, "Sorry to have bothered you sir" ! makes a bloody change ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations Paul, BTW if you would like to offer those Coppers transport to the Colonies we could do with a few like them in OZ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks Pete, visited the paintshop today - coming along......

Attachments

• 74020-DSCN0034.JPG.jpg
    74020-DSCN0034.JPG.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,022
I have just ordered a Tornado Kit and wanted to know if you had a list of items that you might have not chosen to get off them to keep costs down, suspension, hubs, etc. I need to keep the cost down. Any advice appreciated. I am putting in a 302 ford (need to find a good cheap supplier in either usa or uk and also I need to find the best place to get the correct gearbox at the right price.

Thanks

Stuart,
I don't want to hijack Paul's thread, but I have a fully rebuilt Renault 21 Turbo transaxle for sale and have e-mailed you.

Hi Steve - I can't remember where I got the indicators from - must have been Stoneleigh a year and a half back, not sure.

Thanks to these guys - Jamie and Bob @ Canada Coachworks in Byfleet 07831 182971 or 07815 179620 - Top job fellas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif

Attachments

• 76418-PaintshopPW.jpg
    76418-PaintshopPW.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,132
Still got Ians wheels on - need to order mine as the trigo pin drives have arrived, but looking virtually complete. A few mods still to do, change the top harness mount to allow for 5 point harnesses replace a gearbox driveshaft oil seal and set the shocks rate a bit better. I've got 700 miles on the clock now and loving the car, I can't get used to the power though you can spin the wheels in forth !

Attachments

• 78632-PWGT.jpg
    78632-PWGT.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 1,151
Back