Quad 48IDAs on FAV manifold Pic wanted

Mike Pass

Supporter
Does anyone have a good pic of the throttle linkage arrangement for Quad 48IDAs on a FAV manifold (i.e. in the side by side arrangement) with the "turkey pan". Even better if you have drawings or one on a shelf gathering dust!
Cheers
Mike

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
yer tiz..... I bought it from Brian Wingfield (???) about 14 years ago, the pic shows the rod arms attached to standard 48IDA arms and you can just see the blank for a 'correct' one in brass at the front.

Attachments

• throttle setup.jpg
    throttle setup.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
more..... the central rod is original and there are new bearings and aluminium bearing blocks at the ends.....

The placement of the shaft, webers and throttle arm geometry is crucial and I had to write a computer program to work out where it all goes to ensure that each bank of throttles opens in sync....

Attachments

• linkage 001s.jpg
    linkage 001s.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 354
  • linkage 002s.jpg
    linkage 002s.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 344

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
and the last one for tonight..... a screenshot of a program I wrote in 2009...... it allows you to change the variables and gives the maximum angular difference between the left and right banks of 48IDA's. I used it for a competition for a local college open day where students were invited to 'optimise' the numbers and the lowest angular difference got an ipod. In return I got an optimised geometry....... ;-) trouble is I lost the optimum numbers and am now running the program again...only 11 years later...... wow...... what happened? ...... I got old.........

Attachments

• program.jpg
    program.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 323

Mike Pass

Supporter
Thanks very much for all the info gentlemen. I don't need measurements thanks Doc. Much appreciated. I think I can figure it all out now. What I have won't work with a turkey pan so I need to decide whether to go old school original style with the centre pivot bar or a simpler setup.
Cheers
Mike

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
and the last one for tonight..... a screenshot of a program I wrote in 2009...... it allows you to change the variables and gives the maximum angular difference between the left and right banks of 48IDA's. I used it for a competition for a local college open day where students were invited to 'optimise' the numbers and the lowest angular difference got an ipod. In return I got an optimised geometry....... ;-) trouble is I lost the optimum numbers and am now running the program again...only 11 years later...... wow...... what happened? ...... I got old.........

Hello Doc Watson,

Don't know if this of any help for you but back in 2009 you wrote this "....after some scary programming have sorted the geometry of the webber carb levers and am making them from brass 3mm sheet (see photo). The set-up shows that each bank of webbers will be within 0.15 degrees of each other through the full travel."

Markus

Back