Questions before jumping into a SLC

Ben:

Was checking on the Texas mile and that it is on an old airport runway and has seams. I saw the 2011 winner on Youtube and he had traction & launch control, which they said according to their data kept them from loosing control.

I have been trying to get pricing on these systems and have the following on LS motor:

I have attached a PDF of the pricing of Holley Dominator, what I find for MoTeC, and MegaSqurit. I have emailed a rep for MoTeC for more info and as I get it I will post here.

If you want web locations to anyone who private message me with email, I will send Word Doc.

I do know that MegaSquirt has launch and traction control, I am no sure with Holley on launch control so I would check with them.

Attachments

• EFI Systems New.pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 282
Ben:

Was checking on the Texas mile and that it is on an old airport runway and has seams. I saw the 2011 winner on Youtube and he had traction & launch control, which they said according to their data kept them from loosing control.

I have been trying to get pricing on these systems and have the following on LS motor:

I have attached a PDF of the pricing of Holley Dominator, what I find for MoTeC, and MegaSqurit. I have emailed a rep for MoTeC for more info and as I get it I will post here.

If you want web locations to anyone who private message me with email, I will send Word Doc.

I do know that MegaSquirt has launch and traction control, I am no sure with Holley on launch control so I would check with them.

Check out the AEM Infinity as well. It contains many of the expensive upgrades in a Motec for free out of the box, like traction control, launch control, etc.

Check out the AEM Infinity as well. It contains many of the expensive upgrades in a Motec for free out of the box, like traction control, launch control, etc.
Have any Idea of pricing, as Scott would put that in the wiki.

MegaSquirt (MS3-Pro) has a lot of what MoTec has as well.

I am just giving people a choice, each have their pros & cons, let people choose for themselves.

Car will definitely need traction control. Thanks for the info, I'll read into them. Need a system that also provides rolling anti lag and a 2 step

Have any Idea of pricing, as Scott would put that in the wiki.

MegaSquirt (MS3-Pro) has a lot of what MoTec has as well.

I am just giving people a choice, each have their pros & cons, let people choose for themselves.

The Infinity-8 is $2,397.40. Totally agree to put all the choices out there. With AEM you can also get some pre-wired looms or universal loom kits that make life pretty easy.

Tim

We're not prejudice are we, but after looking at your web site looks like a nice unit. I have not installed any of these units, but seeing a few YouTube vids I think Fran my be correct as Holley is pretty much plug-n-play.

One thing I would like to see in the other units, is what MegaSquirt has is controlling the alternator which stops the charging when the battery is charged. This can save horsepower/gas. It does have neat features and they keep adding.

I hope other think for themselves and do the research.:thumbsup:

I have posted a new PDF file with links to the vendors so at later dates people can check for updated pricing. And I have added the other suggestions.

I also found that there are O2 sensors that claim that they can handle lead in gas as some High Octane race gas still use lead, there are two links.

For Those looking for inexpensive new LS wiring harness, there is also a link in the PDF.

I hope this found useful.

Attachments

• EFI Systems.pdf
    63.8 KB · Views: 275

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I had a brief look at the Davis traction control. Isn't it mainly for drag racing or circle track racing? The road racing section has yet to be completed on their web site.

I had a brief look at the Davis traction control. Isn't it mainly for drag racing or circle track racing? The road racing section has yet to be completed on their web site.

It could also be used on the street, especially when you start to get the kind of horsepower needed for the Texas Mile. Guard rails and concrete dividers are not kind to fiberglass.

All i have messed with is the unit that pairs with the Holley. But the way it works is it is constantly viewing your wheel speed/ drive shaft speed and if it ever sees a spik in the acceleration it pulls power in any of three ways; boost pressure, timing or if you have DBW throttle it can slightly close the throttle. You can fully customize the sensitivity and how aggressively it pulls the power. Very nifty unit!

Want to say a public thank you to Frank for taking the time out of his day to show me his SLC build yesterday while I was in Dallas. I appreciate it. However the more I read people's threads on here the more questions I end up having. So many options!

Brain:

I would build a spreadsheet. It can help keep track of options you want and when you have your build done keep a record of what you have in your car. It can also help with building you budget as well. I have done it for several cars I was looking at.

These 1/2 mile and roll racing events are dominated by GTRs, Lambos, vipers, supras, and occasional vette. I want to break that up a little.

I think all of us here would like to see that happen too. Keep us posted.

And for the doubters, Brian and his TT Lambo are real. :)

Thanks John. Car will be in SEMA this year at the Mother's booth. Anyone on here going? Stop and say hi. After SEMA the car will go up for sale and will start the SLC project once it's sold

Brian-

You and I have the same plan. I'm in Texas and operate a company in Oklahoma. Most likely ordering my slc kit in January.

Back