Quizz

I see in this forum that a lot of GT40's members have a good knowledgment about old cars but also old bikes. Who will recognize this one? It is an Italian bike that was produce en few exemplaires between 1969 and 1970. It is a 500cc twin cylinder based on Harley CRTT parts (cylinder heads, cylinders and connecting rods). It is not mine, just have it for a general inspection :eek:

Attachments

• Quizz 1.jpg
    Quizz 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 312
  • Quizz 2.jpg
    Quizz 2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 304
  • Quizz 3.jpg
    Quizz 3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 313

Ron Earp

Admin
Did that have anything to do with that Aermacchi (not sure on spelling) company? I don't know enough about them to tell you anything other than I can remember the name from Cycle World and I thought they did something for Harley in the late 60s or 70s. Seems that company produced some off shoots of Harleys or something similar.

R

Did that have anything to do with that Aermacchi (not sure on spelling) company? I don't know enough about them to tell you anything other than I can remember the name from Cycle World and I thought they did something for Harley in the late 60s or 70s. Seems that company produced some off shoots of Harleys or something similar.

R
Hi Ron, you are very closed but it's not an Aermacchi. However, this bike was built with some Aermacchi parts, and I note that you are an expert to recognize it. As you know, Aermacchi has produce only single cylinder 4 stroke engine (and several twin 2 stroke) ;)

It has a look of a Laverda about it.
Hello David
Laverda was a famous Italian bike manufacturer but they was never participate to any world championship grand prix. They have mainly produce 750 cc 4 stroke OHC vertical twin. My pictures show an engine with rochers and push rods ;)

Back