Rapier SL-C For Sale

I was going through a car classifieds magazine and look what came up...

m8pl5k.jpg

(warning, joke to follow)
I wouldn't buy on principle - everyone knows full well it takes at least two cocks to build an SL-C.

...and Williams harnesses? You'd think the guy could at least read what his harnesses say on them (Willans). Last I checks, Williams makes either F1 cars, or small jet engines depending on whether your talking about the UK firm or the one based in Michigan.

Apparently he’s got 6 caliber Brembos on there too. I didn’t know they started sizing breaks like they do gun barrels.

Its actually a really nice street car....very cool interior treatment , Carbon, leather, suede , black anodised aluminum and stainless ...plus lots of extra work and custom parts we made...

Brakes are actually 6 piston wilwoods , at least they were on the car when it shipped from here long ago...I expect they are still on there....we machined the Wilwood logo off per our original customers request.

The point is the asking price, at least he is trying to keep the price above the 100,000 mark, so good luck and I hope he gets it. There are enough cars out there to finally start to see some for sale. I say you are going to have to sell several before the price is starting to get set.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Does a seller write his own ad copy for those ads, or does someone at the mag do it? (I really don't know.) If the latter is the case, y'all could be flaming the wrong 'dude'. :)

Dang it...and its really bad form to write something dumb when bashing someone for doing the same thing. Excuse me while I get my foot out of my mouth so to speak.

Haha, yeah that's why I had to get you on that. All in good fun!

Old post, I know, no info on Google. I was googling RBT from advertisement link to see if any SL-C owners used them wound up with a Rapier post un-realted to RBT. I always wondered what happened. Rapier just flat out dropped off the map. Was it they discovered there is not a big enough market for a 170K race car for the street, graft corruption and cocaine, fraud maybe, perhaps not enough supply to meet demand instead of the other way around? What exactly happened to Rapier?

Back